cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8548 with slave FPGA

Karote
Contributor I
Hi all,

As I have understood, the MPC8548 does not have any free general purpose IO (GPIO)? So in case I want that MCU uploads the configuration file to the FPGA via JTAG, how should I do it? Which pins of the MPC8548 I can use as a JTAG pins? Or should I connect some logic devices. like EPLD to the local bus and then there is a JTAG bus between EPLD and FPGA?

Best Regards,

Karote
0 Kudos
3 Replies

IMX31
Contributor I

Hi
We have configured FPGA through GPO of MPC.

Its just Slave Serial Interface needs to be done, it takes only few seconds.

We need Register Level Programming details for TSEC.

regards
ragh

0 Kudos

genuap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Couldn't you load the FPGA through I2C? I've never seen someone do that by emulating JTAG.

Anyway, there are GPIO available, depending on what features you're using. TSEC2 and PCI, for example, can be used either as their intended feature or as GPIO.

0 Kudos

Karote
Contributor I
Thank you for your answer.

JTAG is more or less a debug interface in our case. Actually we want to connect the  MPC8548 with  Virtex5  FPGA using local bus. Does Freescale have any application note or  some white paper about  using local bus between FPGA and MCU? Mainly I'm interested which signals I have to route to the FPGA from the LBC?

Another thing, is the FPGA considered as UPM device? (user programmable device)

Local bus is enough for our purposes, so do not need any faster interface (I know that PCI and PCIxpress would be possible as well)

Thank you in advance.

Karote
0 Kudos