Is it possible to split a single eDP channel into two seperate LVDS outputs with the PTN3460BS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to split a single eDP channel into two seperate LVDS outputs with the PTN3460BS?

Jump to solution
etidemand
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am looking for a simple way to convert the eDP video stream I'm receiving from my host into LVDS for output to my two displays. In my application I receive LVDS display channel 1 and 2 in a single eDP stream, which I split down the middle and output to my displays from there. My current eDP->LVDS conversion solution uses a multitude of chips and I was hoping I'd be able to redesign that whole thing into a single part, namely the PTN3460BS. I have some questions in this regard:

1. Is the PTN3460BS capable of two unique LVDS outputs?

2. Is it possible for me to split an eDP channel as part of the conversion the PTN3460BS is performing for me?

Thanks and please let me know if I can provide any more information to be more clear!

-Erik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik,

PTN3460 can support dual LVDS channel, but same display. It cannot split a single eDP channel into two separate LVDS output. That is the function of a Hub. PTN3460 does not have hub function.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If this answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik,

PTN3460 can support dual LVDS channel, but same display. It cannot split a single eDP channel into two separate LVDS output. That is the function of a Hub. PTN3460 does not have hub function.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If this answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos
etidemand
Contributor II

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the information, this is just what I was looking for.

-Erik

0 Kudos