A2I25D025

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A2I25D025

he1
Contributor I

In the A2I25D025 data sheet there are two different PCB layouts "production test circuit" and "characterization test circuit". In the first one the RFout pins are connected to VDD in the second they are not. Does anybody know what is correct?

Thank you.

Holger

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The pins 17 (VBWA) and 16 (RFOUT1) are DC connected internally. This  explains the circuit on Figure 4 (VDD2A is connected to VBWA).

The VBW leads are connected to an internal RF cold spot in the internal output matching circuit.

The characterization reference design utilizes these leads to provide the VDD stage two drain bias, and the leads are RF decoupled to
ground with some bias caps.

The purpose of this bias structure is to reduce the effective lead inductance between the die and the external bias decoupling caps to
improve the VBW capability of the device. Most other RF IC parts of this size, MW7IC2725N have VBW rating in the 90 MHz range. With this
alternative biasing structure, the VBW is 170 Mhz.

There is some RF power loss thru these leads and if a wide VBW is not required, then the part can be biased in a normal manner thru an RF
choke on the drain lead and achieve better RF performance.

It is a designer’s option, wider VBW or better RF.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he1
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

thank you for the helpful information.

Holger

0 Kudos