8306 Ram problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8306 Ram problem

gnamba
Contributor I
hi sir,sorry for my bad english.!!!I have make a board design with mpc8306.this project isbased on evb of mp8306SOM.I have same flash chip and same ram (nand02gw3b2dza6e &mt47h64m16hr-3h), but it seems that we can't comunicatedwith this devices,for example i can't use the flash eraseprogram probably because  i have a problem with .cfg file orbecause i have another problem.i receive randomly this message:-Error: getting id failled-Error:  Couldn't write flash driver to target.  See Details foradditional informationi can write in register and, for example, pull up some GPIO. itseems that the tap comunication work properly but notthingelse.do you have any idea?you can help me please?you can send me a valid .cgf file or a guide to make it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

genuap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm assuming you're using codewarrior?

To burn the flash chip you actually need RAM available on the board. This is typically DDR. So, before you try and program flash work on getting your DDR up and running correctly. 

You can enter in settings for your particular DDR in the cfg file for codewarrior. You can then use the Hardware Diagnostics to test your DDR. This will run extensive memory tests on it.

Once you have DDR working, you need to tell the flash programmer where to find free buffer space - this is where you should put your DDR base address. 

... Paul

gnamba
Contributor I

thanks paul,

i try it..

0 Kudos