Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F8367 and software control of the PWM

Jump to solution
Charlie
Contributor III
I am using the MC56F8367EVME board.

Because I am building on top of something someone in my company has already made, I have shied away from using the processor expert.  However, I have had no problem controlling much of the rest of the chip.

What I am trying to do now is nothing more than simply turning on the PWMA0 and PWMA1 LEDs. . . I want to use them almost as if they are just GPIO output pins.

However, I cannot figure out how to do it.  What is the bear minimum I need to achieve to control these pins?

In the PWMA registers, I have set the respective OUTCTL bits (OUTCTL0 = 1, OUTCTL1 = 1), I have set the PAD_EN = 1, I have made the channels independent (INDEP01 = 1).  I have even tried to do it by letting the PWM module create the outputs but I have been unable to see anything.  I have tried fiddling around with the LDOK bit and the PWMEN bits.

Anyone have an idea what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Charlie
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Charlie
Contributor III
I solved my problem.  I just disabled all of the fault masks so that nothing was getting masked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Charlie
Contributor III
I solved my problem.  I just disabled all of the fault masks so that nothing was getting masked.
0 Kudos