USBDM GDB Server connection dropped

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM GDB Server connection dropped

grtbtrg
Contributor I

hello guys i am trying to debug kl27 controller from usbdm, when i tried to debug this is giving error like this

pastedImage_1.png

Tools : KDS 3.0

USBDM 4_12_1_140

FRDM KL26

Can anyone help me out of this?

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos
5 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Sunil,

It is unclear if you are using a KL26 or KL27 since both are mentioned in your post.

I tried USBDM with KDS3.0.0 with both a FRDM_KL26 and FRDM_KL27.  I was able to create a basic project using the SDK and then debug without any issues.

Could you export your project as a zip file and post here so I can check if there is anything unusual?

You can also test the system using the stand-alone ARM programmer to program the ELF file from your project to the target.

I suspect the interface is losing the connection with the target immediately after programming.  This usually indicates some serious problem with the program being executed e.g. clock or watchdog miss-configuration or similar that occurs before main is reached.  The bootloader on the KL27 can also cause problems if it is not disabled in the project. 

It may be useful to change the launch configuration to not execute the program after loading:

pastedImage_1.png

Please also check the following:

• Using latest version of USBDM
  • Update the firmware in the FRDM board to the version included in above
  • After the first failed launch  change the log option on the GDB server to log->verbose to see if it gives any more useful information.

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

grtbtrg
Contributor I

Hi pgo
i am trying to debug KL27 target by FRDM KL26.

i tried above suggested configurations but status is same.

i attached my project here, please find and tell me if there some problem with project settings.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Sunil,

The project you provided does not appear to include a launch configuration for USBDM which is puzzling.  Please create one by right-clicking on the project and selecting: Create USBDM Launch Configuration.

Am I correct in assuming you are using the FRDM-KL26 with an external target connected by a SWD cable? If not could you clearly describe the arrangement.

If so, could you provide the following information:

• The actual part number for the chip you are using.  There are two rather different KL27 device members (MKL27Z32, MKL27Z64) and (MKL27Z128, MKL27Z256).  I only have access to a member of the first family for testing so there might be a bug associated with the latter.
  • Confirm that you can program and debug the on-board KL26 chip on the FRDM board?
  • Confirm that you have programmed the on-board KL26 with a bootloop or other idle program that doesn't affect the reset line.
  • Confirm that you have cut link J8 on the FRDM board and replaced with a jumper
  • Start the GDB server manually from the start menu and turn on logging as described.  Please post a screen grab of the result.

Was the stand-alone programmer able to detect and program the external chip.

Could you provide circuit for the board you are programming?

bye

0 Kudos

grtbtrg
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

• I am using MKL27Z256
  • I tried to program on -board  KL26 chip this is giving same issue.
  • Right now i do not know whatever program is running on on board CPU,  but it is not programing on bard chip as well means problem is something else, now i should program on board cpu first to resolve problem.
  • I have cut J8 Link and replaced it with jumper, to program on board cpu i am using it sorted.
  • pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sunil,

About the USBDM question, please ask at the expert thread OSBDM and TBDML ,

there will be the related expert help you, so i move your question to here.

BR

ALice

0 Kudos