Open Source BDM Programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Source BDM Programmer

RChapman
Contributor I
Files for a programmer and debuggier for HCS08 devices has been uploaded to the 8-bit downloads area

Message Edited by RChapman on 02-17-2006 10:03 AM

Message Edited by RChapman on 02-17-2006 10:13 AM

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RChapman
Contributor I
Thanks guys for pointing out this issue. We will remove the file for the time being, ask for an explanation from the submitters, and repost once we have straightened this out.
0 Kudos

eckhard
Contributor V

Hello

it looks like there are not much differences to the TBDML for the HC12.

The Hardware differs a little because of the JB16 and the level converters instead of the HC125 but that seems to be all at he first sight. The software looks much the same as the TBDML software. So maybe it is possible to use the same hardware for both mcu families.

Eckhard

0 Kudos

andreas
Contributor I
Hello Eckhard,

you are right, the firmware looks very much like TBDML - Freescale have reused quite a bit of the code. The PCB sucks though - it is double sided, much larger, many more components, very fine tracks,... It does not seem prefessional at all - a student assignement project perhaps?

I wanted to have a look at what changes Freescale have made to make the TBDML code running with the S08, but there is no change history. I thought that it is one of the requirements of the GNU licence to list any changes... !?

Andreas

0 Kudos