cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCS08 Programmer security setting issue

tonesrsa
Contributor I

Hi.

Firstly, thank you very much for the tool, it is great. I have noticed an issue running on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit. Running the HCS08 Flash Programmer (4.6.10) and programming a  MC9S08GT16A, i can program the device multiple times using "Image" Security setting, but as soon as I select either "Secure", "Unsecure" or "Smart", I can only program the device once. The next time, the programming will succeed, but it appears as though the device never comes out of reset. It just hangs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Antonie,

I have just done some tests under windows and it doesn't have any problems that I can see.  I will have a look at Ubuntu eventually but at the moment I don't have a stable build to test with.  It may be some kind of timing issue.  The USB on Linux is considerably faster than Windows on some things.

Does this problem occur with any test file e.g. an empty file or only with a specific file.  I would appreciate if you could re-test with the two example test files please.

Also which specific USBDM hardware are you using?

Thanks

Update

-------------------

Tried the attached files with Mint Linux 32 & 64-bit (which is a Ubuntu derivative) and they both programmed multiple times without problems.

bye

0 Kudos

tonesrsa
Contributor I

Hi pgo

Sorry for the late reply. I only got around today to test your images. In the process I have discovered that it only ever happens with a special image that we create to be flashed, which combines a two binaries. The issue probably stems from our custom file. A normal .s19 file as compiled from a Codewarrior project does not seem to do this, so for now it is not a major problem for us. We use the USBDM-JM60-SER-0001, firmware version V4.9.5, DLL Ver 4.10.6.0

0 Kudos