cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBDT S32K makefile error in example program -- GPIO ISR

neffnan
Contributor III

Hi y'all,

I'm trying to build the example model "gpio_isr_control_s32k144.slx" in the MBDT examples. I keep getting a cryptic error, which is a problem with the makefile. Since the tool builds the makefile, not I, I don't see how to fix it. My model configuration settings are those that have worked without errors on the LED and push buttons model. 

The error is:

C:\gpio_isr_control_mbd_rtw>set MATLAB=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020a C:\gpio_isr_control_mbd_rtw>"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020a\bin\win64\gmake" -f gpio_isr_control.mk COPY_MDLREF_INCLUDES=0 GENERATE_ERT_S_FUNCTION=0 INCLUDE_MDL_TERMINATE_FCN=1 COMBINE_OUTPUT_UPDATE_FCNS=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 INTEGER_CODE=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING OPTS="-DTID01EQ=0" gpio_isr_control.mk:570: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop. Error(s) encountered while building "gpio_isr_control"

Can anybody help?

Thanks much.

Nancy

PS: I take it back. Now I get the same error in building my GPIO LED model, so I guess it's something in my environment rather than the model?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

neffnan
Contributor III

Probably a corrupted MBDT toolbox. I deleted and reinstalled the .mltbx file, and the problem has disappeared -- every model I've tried since the reinstall is building successfully (or has a different problem :-).

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @neffnan ,

Thank you very much for posting the solution on the thread you've opened!

This way we can help other that are facing the same behavior!

Best regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

neffnan
Contributor III

Hi again, Marius.

Oy. I added the NXP board configuration block for the S32K144EVB to my tiny no-NXP model, and it built without error. Then I added a GPIO write block, enabled, to turn on the LED, and it built without error but wouldn't download. At this point I went back to one of the models that had been failing with the % error message, and it built and downloaded. The model that started the % error problem now builds and downloads just fine, without my having changed a thing in that model, configuration, anything.

I don't understand why this problem comes and goes like this. Any ideas?

(BTW, I feel like we need to figure this out. Uninstalling, re-installing, and building and testing various models, all cost the company I'm working for several hundred dollars of my time, so it's not going to be a trivial problem from their perspective.)

Thanks,

Nancy

0 Kudos

neffnan
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand Marius,

The problem has returned -- none of my models are building successfully, and it's always with the error about a missing %:

C:\flexcan_and_fm_over_can_s32k14x_mbd_rtw>set MATLAB=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020a C:\flexcan_and_fm_over_can_s32k14x_mbd_rtw>"C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020a\bin\win64\gmake" -f flexcan_and_fm_over_can_s32k14x.mk COPY_MDLREF_INCLUDES=0 GENERATE_ERT_S_FUNCTION=0 INCLUDE_MDL_TERMINATE_FCN=1 COMBINE_OUTPUT_UPDATE_FCNS=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 INTEGER_CODE=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING OPTS="-DTID01EQ=0" flexcan_and_fm_over_can_s32k14x.mk:570: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop. Error(s) encountered while building "flexcan_and_fm_over_can_s32k14x"

I have uninstalled and re-installed the NXP MBD toolbox three times now, and the error persists. I put in a trouble ticket with MathWorks and they said they couldn't reproduce the problem and that it's an NXP problem. I built a small model without any NXP blocks, and it did indeed build successfully -- no makefile errors.

What do I do now?

Thanks.

Nancy

0 Kudos