Lpuart Interrupt with NXP FRDM-MKL82Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lpuart Interrupt with NXP FRDM-MKL82Z

ronald_j_chasse
Contributor II

I am using the FRDM-MKL82Z Board and its accompanying SDK. One of the examples it comes with demonstrates the "lpuart interrupt" functionality where it runs through an ISR whenever data enters the UART buffer. I am trying to develop a project based on this, but using the "New Project Wizard," I am unable to do this successfully. I tried at first just copying and pasting the contents of the main() source file from the example into my main source file, but this does not work. It seems like every time I receive a byte, the mcu freezes up (goes into hardfault through debugger).

I would like to know how to set up a new project from scratch (with the New Project Wizard) and setup the lpuart interrupt functionality, perhaps by utilizing the config tools as well (to setup clocks and pins). Does anybody have experience with this or have any resources I can look to that will show how to do this?

Thanks!

Ronnie

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ronald Chasse 

Thank you for your interest in the NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.

After you create the new project, do you check the pinmux.c to configure the related pins?

Then you need to add the related drivers.

Do you have any build issues?

I think you also can compare with the SDK project, check which detail code you have lost.

When initialize the uart, any issues? Or just receive the UART have hardfault? If yes, please check your interrupt handler, do you register the handler or use the .s related UART handler as the function?

Please double check your project and compare it with the SDK working project.

If you still have questions about it, just kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like (0)  Reply Actions 
0 Kudos