Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader and ISP for LPC55S69

Jump to solution
woshieric123456
Contributor II

Hi NXP engineer,

I have some questions about Bootloader & ISP for LPC55S69 below:

1.Is the Bootloader code for LPC55S69 integrated in the SDK, if it is, which version of SDK can I find the Bootloader code? if it's not, where can I download the Bootloader code? is it MCU-Boot? or?
2.I want to use Bootloader to update my FW, does the Bootloader already support UART,IIC,SPI(at chapter 8 of UM11126)?
3.If I get the Bootloader code/image, which tool should I use to download the Bootloader image itself to the board designed by ourselves? SEGGER J-Link(got SWD interface on the board)?
and which tool should I use to update the FW via Bootloader? blhost or flash image?
dd
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric,

I hope you are doing well :smileyhappy:

1.Is the Bootloader code for LPC55S69 integrated in the SDK, if it is, which version of SDK can I find the Bootloader code? if it's not, where can I download the Bootloader code? is it MCU-Boot? or?
R: The LPC55S69 is shipped with  a ROM bootloader, its code  it is not included on  the SDK or provided by NXP.
2.I want to use Bootloader to update my FW, does the Bootloader already support UART,IIC,SPI(at chapter 8 of UM11126)?

R: Yes, for ROM  bootloader ,that is correct!

3.If I get the Bootloader code/image, which tool should I use to download the Bootloader image itself to the board designed by ourselves? SEGGER J-Link(got SWD interface on the board)?
R: if you get a bootloader image ( flash resident  or secondary bootloader) you can use SWD interface  and the programming  tool that fits best to your needs to download the image.
and which tool should I use to update the FW via Bootloader? blhost or flash image?

R: In the case of LPC55S69 ROM bootloader , you can use NXP's Blhost as you mention. 

Additionally, there is another  tool called Flash Magic Tool developed by  our partner Emdedded Systems Academy or ESA that provides a graphical interface, please refer to  LPC Production Programming | NXP  and http://www.flashmagictool.com/ 

I hope this helps,

Please ,  do not hesitate to reply back for any comment or question.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

4 Replies
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric,

I hope you are doing well :smileyhappy:

R: The LPC55S69 is shipped with  a ROM bootloader, its code  it is not included on  the SDK or provided by NXP.

R: Yes, for ROM  bootloader ,that is correct!

R: if you get a bootloader image ( flash resident  or secondary bootloader) you can use SWD interface  and the programming  tool that fits best to your needs to download the image.

R: In the case of LPC55S69 ROM bootloader , you can use NXP's Blhost as you mention. 

Additionally, there is another  tool called Flash Magic Tool developed by  our partner Emdedded Systems Academy or ESA that provides a graphical interface, please refer to  LPC Production Programming | NXP  and http://www.flashmagictool.com/ 

I hope this helps,

Please ,  do not hesitate to reply back for any comment or question.

Regards,

Diego

woshieric123456
Contributor II

Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for your reply about ROM Bootloader.  I got some questions below:

1.Does NXP provide the code of flash-resident Bootloader and secondary Bootloader? if NXP does, where can I download it and is there any documents that you can recommend to me?

2.I read some articles of NXP Bootloader, I can often see "MCU Bootloader", does the "MCU Bootloader" also support LPC55S69? what is the relationship between "MCU Bootloader" and flash-resident Bootloader/secondary Bootloader?

3.Our user case is: we need to update FW(application) via another ARM board(not with PC) and private protocol, since it's private protocol, we may need to change the code of Bootloader, could you recommend which one(flash-resident Bootloader & secondary Bootloader & or other Bootloader) should we use for our user case?

Thank you very much in advance.

dd
0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric ,

1. We do provide a secondary bootloader for the LPC55s69.

You may want to check an implementation use case:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12327.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12327SW.zip 

2. According to this description, taken from here

The MCU bootloader is intended to be the standard bootloader for all MCU devices. It provides a standard interface to thedevice using any of the peripherals supported by the bootloader on a given NXP MCU device.

If you visit the documentation tab on MCU Bootloader | NXP  you will find  useful documents for the bootloader applications of our MCUs.  BLhost is one of them.   For example ,  you can perform the same BL hosts commands on a NXP flash resident bootloader or a ROM bootloader.

3. You may want to take a look at the NXP  secondary bootloader  for the LPC55s69, since we do provide the its code that you could modify for your application.

If I can help further ,please let me know!

Yours,

CHARLES.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
woshieric123456
Contributor II

Hi Charles,

After a overall discussion with team members overseas about your reply, I think I am clear about the ISP part. Thank you very much for your reply. still need ask you one more question:

Is the amazon-freertos completely free if we use it commercially?

dd
0 Kudos