Audio and Video (A/V) Receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description

An audio and video (A/V) receiver needs to be capable of managing different input sources. These devices integrate different solutions for media and entertaining content and different signals are being processed in a small period of time. The i.MX 8M applications processor supports protocols for typical application soundbars and A/V receivers: HDMI ports, SPDI ports, analog inputs and up to 16-channel analog outputs.

Block Diagram

Block-Diagram-AVReciever-PNG[1].png

Products

Category Name 1 Microprocessor
Product URL 1 i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4 | 4K display resolution | NXP 
Product Description 1

The i.MX 8M applications processor provides industry-leading audio, voice and video processing for applications that scale from consumer home audio to industrial building automation and mobile computers.

The video playback capabilities are 1080p60 with a 10-bit decoder, HEVC/H.265 decoder, AVC/H.264 Baseline along with VP8 decoder and encoder. The i.MX 8M Mini also has 5x Synchronous Audio Interfaces (SAI) and 8ch pulse density modulation inputs.

Category Name 2 Microcontroller
Product URL 1 LPC84x 30MHz|Arm® Cortex®-M0+|32-bit Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP 
Product Description 1 This low-cost 32-bit MCU includes a 12-bit ADC, up to 54 GPIOs pins, TWO spi interfaces, along with one analog comparator. This power efficient device is a perfect MCU to work in specific multi-purpose tasks.

Category Name 3 Power Manager IC
Product URL 1 14-channel power management IC optimized for i.MX 8M | NXP 
Product Description 1 The PF4210 is a high-performance PMIC that is optimized to power low-cost consumer applications with the i.MX 8M family of applications processors. It can provide power for a complete system, including applications processors, memory and system peripherals.

Category Name 4 Battery Charger
Product URL 1 MC34673 | Single-cell Battery Charger | NXP 
Product Description 1 The MC34673 is a cost-effective fully-integrated battery charger for Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries. It tolerates an input voltage up to 28 V, which eliminates the input over-voltage-protection circuit required in handheld devices.

Category Name 5 Ethernet PHY Transceiver
Product URL 1 TJA1101 | 2nd generation PHY Transceiver | NXP 
Product Description 1

The TJA1101 offers a 100Mbit/s transmit and receive capability per port over up to at least 15m of unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable, this transceiver is interoperable with any IEEE 100BASE-T1 and OABR compliant PHY. With a 6mm x 6mm the TJA1101 has the smallest footprint for a 100BASE-T1 PHY.

Category Name 6 USB switch
Product URL 1 High-speed USB 2.0 switch with enable | NXP 
Product Description 1 The NX3DV221GM switch is designed for high-speed USB 2.0 signals in handset and consumer applications, such as cell phones, digital cameras, and notebooks with hubs or controllers with limited USB I/Os. This bidirectional switch offers little or no attenuation of the high-speed signals at the outputs. It is designed for low bit-to-bit skew and high channel-to-channel noise isolation.

Category Name 7 USB PD/Type-C Shield
Product URL 1 PTN5150 | NXP 
Product Description 1 PTN5150 enables USB Type-C connector to be used in both host and device ends of the Type-C cable. It can support Type-C to USB legacy cables and adapters defined in USB Type-C Spec. PTN5150 can be configured to dual role, host, or device mode through external configuration pin or through I²C interface.

Category Name 8 USB Type C Logic
Product URL 1 NX3L4357 | NXP 
Product Description 1 The NX3L4357 low-ohmic single-pole triple-throw analog switch suitable for use as an analog or digital 3:1 multiplexer/demultiplexer. Schmitt trigger action at the digital inputs makes the circuit tolerant to slower input rise and fall times.

Category Name 9 NTAG i2c interface
Product URL 1 NTAG I2C | NXP 
Product Description 1 A 32-bit password protected interface, designed to be the perfect enabler for NFC in home-automation and consumer applications. The NT3H2111 NFC tag is the fastest, least expensive way to add tap-and-go connectivity to just about any electronic device.

Category Name 10 I²C Digital Temperature Sensor
Product URL 1 PCT2075: I2C-bus Fm+, 1 Degree C Accuracy | NXP 
Product Description 1 The PCT2075 is a temperature-to-digital converter featuring a 11-bit ADC that offers a temperature resolution of 0.125 °C. The programmable temperature threshold and hysteresis set points during operation.

Category Name 11 Dual Bidirectional I²C-Bus Buffer
Product URL 1 PCA9600 | NXP 
Product Description 1 The PCA9600 allows long buses to be driven in point-to-point or multipoint applications of up to 4000 pF, the PCA9600 also interfaces with opto-couplers to provide opto-isolation between I²C-bus nodes up to 1 MHz

Related Documentation

Document URL Title

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN10364.pdf

Opto-electrical isolation of the I2C-bus
NXP Semiconductors :: Secure Connections for a Smarter World  NTAG® Originality Signature Validation

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/application-notes/AN12407.pdf

LPC845 SPI Secondary Bootloader

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12410.pdf

LPC845 SPI Secondary Bootloader

Related Software

Related Software URL
MCUXpresso SDK | Software Development for Kinetis, LPC, and i.MX MCUs | NXP 

Related Demos from Communities

Related Demos from Communities URL
i.MX Processors 
i.MX Yocto Project: Frequently Asked Questions 
i.MXDev Blog