cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the command PWD_AUTH and config DEV_SEC_CONFIG

finecook
Contributor II

There are two problem:

1.Now I follow all the steps(from 7.1 to 7.5) of example in  the AN12366(this document is Memory configuration and scalable security) ,so I set the PWD and restricited area configuration.Then how to use the pwd?Would you explain more about it(I had seen that the command PWD_AUTH was used to authenticate in NTAG I2C,but I can't seen this command in NTAG 5 Link.Why?)

2. I had bought the board NTP5312.I use the command 12C0043F00 to get the DEV_SEC_CONFIG,but the response is 4500FFFF. 45h means block 3Fh with device security configuration bytes is locked。So I can't set the Restricted area protection pointer (PP_AREA_1).Why?The default configuration of  DEV_SEC_CONFIG isn't  A500FFFF?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Answering your first question, NTAG I2C is a T2T, and NTAG5 is a T5T, they have different commands, so if you are looking for information about the NTAG 5 Link, please check the NTAG 5 link Data Sheet (section 8.2.3 Command set).

Also, please check section 8.2.3.3 PWD Authentication. There you can find the information of how the tag can be configured to be uses for password authentication.

About the second question, it looks like at some point you sent a command that protected the tag, this is why it doesn’t have the default configuration.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos