Which NXP chips are eligible for EMV COTS certification?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NXP chips are eligible for EMV COTS certification?

Jump to solution
Juangs
Contributor I

Hello, NXP TechSupport

I am preparing for EMV COTS (TapToMobile) certification.
I have experience developing using NXP chips PN553 and PN557.
Is there any chip that NXP can support for EMV COTS (TapToMobile) certification?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir, our PN7160 IC is recommended for Android environments but, the EMVCo implementation will have to be done in an additional IC, which should manage all the security. Unfortunately, we don't have any guide or recommendation to do so.

Nevertheless, we do have an Application note for the PN5190 for Linux installation guidelines that could be useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, sir,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

We do recommend our latest EMVCo compliant IC; PN5190. Which already is compatible with EMVCo 3.1 with our Kinetis k82 MCU.

We also have an evaluation board that will help you start testing the PN5190 + K82 on the same board.

We also do provide a fully functional example on our NFC Reader Library, which you can download at the next link: https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/nfc-reader-library-software-support-for-nfc-frontend-solutions:NF...

I hope this information may have been useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos
Juangs
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

The PN5190 you recommended seems like a reader chipset.
The chipset I want is one that should support the android mobile platform.
What kind of chipset do you have?

0 Kudos
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir, our PN7160 IC is recommended for Android environments but, the EMVCo implementation will have to be done in an additional IC, which should manage all the security. Unfortunately, we don't have any guide or recommendation to do so.

Nevertheless, we do have an Application note for the PN5190 for Linux installation guidelines that could be useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos