cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCode DNA Chip Impedance

alan_mak
Contributor I

Dear Sir/Madam

We are trying to design a transponder antenna, and we intend to use the UCode DNA chip.  We have downloaded the datasheet of the UCode DNA, but there is no chip impedance information.  What we can see from the official link

UCODE DNA|NXP , saying the antenna design benefit is 

• Selected chip impedance enables re-use of antenna designs from UCODE 7

Therefore, we have downloaded the datasheet of UCode 7, and found the chip impedance of UCode 7 as 18-j245 (at 915 MHz) as the typical assembled impedance for antenna design.

My questions are, 

1. What is the chip impedance information for UCode DNA?

2. Is the chip impedance of UCode DNA similar to (or the same as) UCode 7?

3. Can I design an antenna based on the chip impedance information of Ucode 7, and so the antenna can work for both Ucode 7 and UCode DNA?

Thanks

-Alan

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alan,

1. What is the chip impedance information for UCode DNA?

- This info is under NDA, and you have to request it from the docstore. Please refer to the attachment for more details.

pastedImage_1.png

2. Is the chip impedance of UCode DNA similar to (or the same as) UCode 7?

-Yes the impedance is similar – not exactly the same.

3. Can I design an antenna based on the chip impedance information of Ucode 7, and so the antenna can work for both Ucode 7 and UCode DNA?

-Maybe some fine tuning needed but the answer is yes. Antennas will work for both .

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alan_mak
Contributor I

Dear Kan

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

-Alan

0 Kudos