Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID transponder / microcontroller as replacement for NHS

Jump to solution
L_B
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am currently developing a passive wireless sensor node, which is supposed to be continually measuring two voltages and one resistance value with good accuracy.
My first prototype is based on the NHS3152, as its feature set suggested that it would be fit for the job.
It combines a fast enough ADC, an RFID transponder with power harvesting and a microcontroller for general control and management of measurement data in one IC, which is a very neat i.e. small solution for my task. Fully passive operation and very small mechanical dimensions are one of the main requirements.
So far it seems to be working, but I find that the internal ADC is way to unprecise and the power attainable from the high drive GPIO pins is barely enough for the analog circuit that does amplification and filtering of the signals.

My question now is this: Which IC would you recommend for RFID communication, power harvesting for the analog circuit and data acquisition on the sensor tag? Is there another or similar chip, that would fit the requirements? Adding a seperate ADC or microcontroller with integrated ADC seems to be a possibility, if the RFID transponder would be able to harvest eneough energy. But an all-in-one solution would of course be very nice, especially in terms of physical size.

I hope that I have supplied sufficient information regarding the requirements, if not please ask.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Lukas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, for NFC product there is no the replacement for the  NHS3152. One may refer to the related information as the link. URL:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/brochure/939775017564.pdf.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, for NFC product there is no the replacement for the  NHS3152. One may refer to the related information as the link. URL:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/brochure/939775017564.pdf.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos