cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pn512 Tag Emulation Callibration

ilanseeder
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm emulating a Mifare Ultralight tag using Pn512.

When I use it by itself, it works well.

I encounter a problem where on some readers, when I put the Pn512 together with a regular tag, the reader dean't see the other tag and doesn't recognize a collision (it does recognize a collision of 2 regular tags)

On another reader, the opposite happens - the reader sees the tag but not the Pn512.

I suppose this happens because of antenna difference and different Tx settings between the tag and Pn512 (unless you can advise me otherwise).

I can't change the antenna, I suppose I need to calibrate the tx .I know I can do this using the GsnOffReg register, and other registers),

The question is - is there a module or a project that can callibrate the tx according to the field? 

Is there any other info I can use to solve this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For calibration, we recommend the tool of MINIVNA pro, and you may refer to http://cache.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11535.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

salmabay
Contributor II

Is it possible to use Mini VNA Tiny for calibration? or it should be pro? 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Must be Mini VNA pro for calibration.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

salmabay
Contributor II

Can you please explain briefly, why?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The expert just told me that is a MUST option. but I understand it is due to the working range, and you may refer to PRO vs Tiny | mRS mini Radio Solutions  for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos