cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV7462C USB Descriptor problem

roland1
Contributor I

Dear,

I have recently bought the PNEV7462C eval kit and try to get the Cockpit to work. Tried to reprogram the firmware that came with the cockpit program using the DownLoad option.

If I drop the firmware CRD_00.bin on the the mass storage device it will disconnect, reconnect and give status code 0 in return. Seems to be so far so good. Same for the .dat file.

Now if I reset and wait for the device to connect to windows (10) it comes back with an error that the USB descriptor cannot be read back and nothing happens...

Also the VCOM driver installed again, restarted, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, tried again, etc. We are an hour or two further in wasted time and it still doesn't work.

So what could be the problem?

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TimyThomas
Contributor I

Good morning,

Last week I bought a new PNEV7462C dev kit. After flashing the firmware for NFC cockpit I am getting unknown USB device descriptor error.

Other example programs seems to work fine. I have only problem when I program the firmware for NFC cockpit. I am using Windows 10,

Best Regards,

Timy

0 Kudos

AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

which firmware did you use? 

Within the NFC-Cockpit installation folder you have to use:

- NxpNfcCockpit_03_04_00_Flash.bin

- NxpNfcCockpit_28_00_00_EEPROM.bin

(versions might vary depending on your cockpit version).

Best regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos

roland1
Contributor I

Dear Alexander,

These files are used. Tried in two ways:

First delete the file from the "disk" of the PNEV7632

Copy the file (explorer) from the HD towards the board using the original name as above and in a second try renaming it first to the names on the "disk" and then copy.

The files was accepted and the device resets (disappear and reconnect) and the returned status is always 0 (good). Strangely the image size on the "disk" and the size of the new bin file are different.

I have no indication that the binary or dat file is being programmed by itself (ISP). The only thing noticeable was that the LEDs that were rotating at first, do not work anymore. An indication that the original firmware is gone.

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good morning,

You seem to do everything correct. The binary size once programmed will change, that is expected. As long as _00 is shown everything is went fine while flashing.

If only the red LED is slighty on this would indicate that the firmware is not accepting the programmed EEPROM. Are any LEDs shown? 

The device doesn't show up as PN7462 VCOM in the device manager? Is it a Generic USB device, Unknown device or anything else? 

What NFC Cockpit version do you use? 

Best regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos