cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7642 Mass Storage Device Activation

Jump to solution
MLang
Contributor II

I am attempting to flash the firmware required for the Cockpit application on to a PNEV7642A development board. I am unable to get the USB port to enumerate as a mass storage device on my PC.

I think that I have the host interface correctly configured for USB using switches 5, 6, and 7. I have held down and released various combinations of the the VEN and DWL_REQ buttons without success.

The unit is powered from a 7.5V supply on J9.

I've read through through the various applications guides and these are main things that appear to be required.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MLang
Contributor II

I resolved this myself.

If the PNEV7642A is not connected to the LPC55S16 dev board, the AD_NFC_HOSTSEL2 line is unterminated and allowed to float. This can prevent the USB interface from being enabled. Terminating this line to +3.3V properly enabled the USB interface allowing proper mass storage device operation.

This should probably be included as a note in the quick start guide.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,
My name is Fabian, I'm happy to help you with your case.
Thank you for your interest in our products. Would you mind sending us a photo of your setup just to scratch any possible issues?

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos
MLang
Contributor II

I resolved this myself.

If the PNEV7642A is not connected to the LPC55S16 dev board, the AD_NFC_HOSTSEL2 line is unterminated and allowed to float. This can prevent the USB interface from being enabled. Terminating this line to +3.3V properly enabled the USB interface allowing proper mass storage device operation.

This should probably be included as a note in the quick start guide.

0 Kudos