Originality Signature Verification NTAG 424 DNA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Originality Signature Verification NTAG 424 DNA

yosuf
Contributor II

How to verify the Originality Signature using a Dynamic link that has Encrypted PICC Data (UID, Counter) and CMAC? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @yosuf

Hope you are doing well.

Originality Signature Verification could be checked based on the secret originality keys (Symmetric check) or based on the NXP Originality Signature, computed over the UID (Asymmetric check).

More information on this can be found in NTAG 424 Data Sheet, Section 10.10 Originality check commands; and NTAG 424 DNA and NTAG 424 DNA TagTamper features and hints, Section 8 Originality Signature Verification, together with an example.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

yosuf
Contributor II

Hello @EduardoZamora , Thanks for your reply. 

I'm aware of the following Details. I'm trying to do the asymmetric originality signature validation. I have the UID and the Signature from the Tag which I get using the Read_Sig command. However when I use the Private key mentioned in the 8.2 of the AN12196, I'm getting signature fail. 

I have also tried the Example given in the AN260412. Under the 2.2.1.3 C code example.

I'm still getting the Tag Failed when I replace the Values of my Tag Signature. Please need help with this as it is crucial. Thanks 

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

By any chance, are you using any of our NFC Readers? The full version of RFIDDiscover software should include Signature Verification, and I will recommend you testing the Signature Verification by using our supported readers.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

yosuf
Contributor II

Hello,

My request is not to verify it using the TagXplorer or RFIDDiscover. My query is how do we do this via program/script/code. 

I don’t think the Reader is of an Essence here as I have successfully retrieved the UID, and Signature from the Tag. What I need is a program or script or guide on how to verify the Asymmetric Signature.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In order to keep only one channel of communication, we will continue the communication in your internal ticket.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos