cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM5577 Altium compatible files

sebastian_schwe
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried to open/import the provided OM5577 module PCB project files with Altium designer. Unfortunately Altium can't import the *.brd files due to missing installation of Allegro PCB Designer.  If I understand it right I need the ASCII (*.ALG) file format instead. It would make me very happy if someone who owns a Allegro PCB Designer licence provide me this ASCII files. :smileygrin:

If someone already has these Altium files I would take them as well :smileywink:

Many thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As you mentioned, it is available in .brd file extension. Fortunately, Altium Designer can convert your PCB files to Altium Designer projects.

NOTE: Please remember that you will need Cadence Allegro for this.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

sebastian_schwe
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

thank you for your response. This was exactly what I have suspected.

But the ASCII format files can be imported without having Cadence Allegro installed. So if you or someone else can provide these files to me I can continue my work with Altium.

best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please accept my apologies. It is currently in .brd format only; you will have to covert it.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

r_stelzer
Contributor II

Hi Ivan,

I'ld like to support Sebastians request for Altium importable Design files.

I'm embedded developer for more that 30 years now.

In the 90's we wrote our own 6805 and PAL assembler programs because the prices for the tools were incredible high.

Today the semiconductor manufactures, driven by the competition in the market, provide complete IDE's,
toolchains and software for no / low cost with huge effort on their side.

This is great.

So it makes me wonder why NXP don't spent this microscopic additional effort to export the designs in as much

formats as their design tool (Orcad seems to be NXP's favourite ECAD ) supports.

It's not only convenience and time to market, it allows plausibility checks to a (obviously)  running systems.

Just my thoughts.

Best regards,

Rainer

0 Kudos