Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG Smart Sensor Automator not working

Jump to solution
L_B
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

as suggested in the SDK for NHS31xxx, I am currently trying to use the NTAG SmartSensor Automator Application on Win 10 (20H2).

After installation, which was successful, I only get the following error:

"The smart card resource manager is not running or no access was granted to it (SDCARD_E_NO_SERVICE)"

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks very much in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

My best guess is that the driver for the NFC tag reader is not correctly installed.

To fix this on Win10, you need to use the Device Manager. (I find Nirsoft's USBDeview a much better alternative then Microsoft's Device Manager. Both will do the job just fine.)

When plugged in, it should be listed as one of the "Smart card readers", and be identified correctly. For example, Identiv's uTrust 3700F must be listed as a "uTrust 3700 F CL Reader".

If not, find your tag reader, and uninstall the device. Also delete the driver software for this device (or, equivalently, delete the corresponding .inf file). Unplug the NFC reader, insert it again, and repeat this uninstalling the device until it is listed as a "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard reader (WUDF)".

Then, download and install the PCSC driver from the manufacturer's website. Unplug, re-insert, and you should be good to go.

(Aside: if you can't locate your tag reader in the list, you'll need to check it's VendorID and ProductID. For example, Identiv's reader has VID=04e6 and PID=5790. You can find back on e.g. http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids what the values are for your tag reader. Using USBDeview is easier, where you simply can sort on last plug date.)

Kind regards,
Dries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

My best guess is that the driver for the NFC tag reader is not correctly installed.

To fix this on Win10, you need to use the Device Manager. (I find Nirsoft's USBDeview a much better alternative then Microsoft's Device Manager. Both will do the job just fine.)

When plugged in, it should be listed as one of the "Smart card readers", and be identified correctly. For example, Identiv's uTrust 3700F must be listed as a "uTrust 3700 F CL Reader".

If not, find your tag reader, and uninstall the device. Also delete the driver software for this device (or, equivalently, delete the corresponding .inf file). Unplug the NFC reader, insert it again, and repeat this uninstalling the device until it is listed as a "Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard reader (WUDF)".

Then, download and install the PCSC driver from the manufacturer's website. Unplug, re-insert, and you should be good to go.

(Aside: if you can't locate your tag reader in the list, you'll need to check it's VendorID and ProductID. For example, Identiv's reader has VID=04e6 and PID=5790. You can find back on e.g. http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids what the values are for your tag reader. Using USBDeview is easier, where you simply can sort on last plug date.)

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos
L_B
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

thank you very much for your help, everything works as expected now!

Cheers!

0 Kudos