cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Launch not opening website links on iPhone

cseeley
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to NFC tags and working on a basic presentation on their capabilities for my managers at work.

I've downloaded NXP's iOS app "NFC Launch" for a simple app for my managers to download and use on their iPhone X's and 8's for demonstrations.  I am using an iPhone XR (so have the native NFC scanning ability, but testing using the app).

NFC Launch scans and opens NFC tags encoded with links to YouTube and Instagram without any problems, but when I try to scan an NFC tag with a link to a website, the app shows that the tag was successfully read, but the websites never launch.  I've tested this with a couple different website links with the same (non) result.  I've also scanned the exact same NFC tags (using the same iPhone) using NXP's NFC TagInfo app, and the websites launch perfectly fine.  So I'm guessing it has something to do with the NFC Launch app, but not 100% sure.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Craig.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Craig,

Yes, I also reproduced this issue here. Looks like the App was trying to open the web page but pending at somewhere. Taginfo can do it without any problem. Thanks for the report and I will forward it to the R&D team.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos