cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifare Classic EV1 4K Compatibility

dmaher
Contributor I

Hi

Currently troubleshooting an issue with a device, it has no issue reading older issue Mifare Classic 1K cards, however is having delayed or intermittent reads with a newer batch of Classic EV1 4K cards.

These devices were produced in 2013 and have no available firmware updates, I noticed the EV1 cards were released 2018.

Is there anything known that would cause compatibility issues with these newer revision EV1 cards?

The other potential avenue being investigated is the device having an issue with the additional sectors and block size with the 4K cards.

There are other devices on site that have no issue with either card, however they have had firmware updates or newer manufacture dates.

Trying to narrow it down at this stage.

Classic 4K:

# IC Type:

MIFARE Classic EV1 (MF1S70)

# IC Information:

Full product name: MF1S703xX/V1

Classic 1K:

# IC Type:

MIFARE Classic (MF1S50)

# IC Information:

Full product name: MF1S5037

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

I appreciate your interest in our products.

There should not be any variations when reading any MIFARE cards. Even if they are Classic of DESFire, the application Reads and Writes in a Classic card should do the same regardless of the year it was released. This is because all MIFARE cards comply with ISO 14443 specifications.

Could you please provide a little more information? What reader are you using, if you using a host, an MCU, or an Operative System?

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos