Is possible to use MFRC522 or CLRC661 in Remote Keyless Entry systems ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to use MFRC522 or CLRC661 in Remote Keyless Entry systems ?

danielflor
Contributor III

Hello,

I need a system able to identify frequencies of remote control keys( car key fobs ), I found that the frequencies of Remote Keyless Entry  (RKE) most used are 315MHz in the  US/Japan and 433.92MHz (ISM band) in Europe, and can be ASK or FSK. The device will need to inform in which frequency the key fob is.

The other day I saw a device using the MFRC522 CI to  recognize these frequencies. So, I would like to know, is it possible to use this IC or its newest version, the CLRC661, to identify and differentiate the presence of these different frequencies?

3 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The ones you mentioned work in the proximity range for NFC applications. For secure car access, you may be interested to take a look to the following section in our web page: Secure Car Access | NXP 

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

danielflor
Contributor III

Thank you, IvanRuiz. The section on the web page you mentioned is of interest to implement or to communicate  with a Secure Car Access system. I don't need this, I need to identify the field frequency of the carrier wave. So, Iwas wondering if the MFRC522  would be able to do this, because I saw it being used by a device that is able to identify the ranges of frequencies that I mentioned in the question

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am not aware they are used for that application to be honest, but the operating frequency of these NFC Readers is at 13,56MHz and they are active devices, which means that they generate the field to interact with Tags and not to identify the frequency of a carrier, since they create the carrier.

Hope this helps!

BR,

Ivan.