cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I work with NDEF using CLRC663

karim_osama
Contributor II

Hi all,

How can send and receive using NDEF messages and records , an attempt to run the library example was made to run NfcrdlibEx3_NFCForum example , the example show gives this log :

"This example is not supported for RC663"

so how can I work with NFC data exchange format 

thanks in advance,

Best Regards.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

karim_osama
Contributor II

Hello Estephania,

Thanks for your help,

there is one thing I'd like to know clearly, Does CLRC663 support NDEF Messages (read and write) ? 

thanks 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It could read and write the NDEF messages, please take into account the limitations of the device modes in the CLRC663

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

karim_osama
Contributor II

Hello Estephania,

thanks for your fast response,

could you illustrate what limitations of the device ? 

also is there a sample code could be used as a reference in order tp read and write the NDEF Messages ?

It would be appreciated if you provide me with a document as a guide :smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For example you do not have the NFC forum example in this device as it does not support all the NFC modes.

Sorry we do not have such a guide, you can use some of the examples such as the NFC Forum from another device such as the PN7462 or the NTAG I2C example to create the NDEF structure and add it yourself in a write function. 

If you want to lear more about the device an the library I would strongly recommend you to check the available webinars we have in our web page, I will specially pay attention to the NFC Reader Library – SW support for NFC frontend solutions, you can check as well some extra ones in The Mobile Knowledge where you will find as well the slides.

Regards,

Estephania

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If you download the software examples dedicated for the CLRC663 you will  see that not all the examples are available for that IC.

You can check the basic discovery loop example or you can check as well the NTAG I2C examples as it detects an NTAG I2C tag and displays information like UID, ATQA, SAK and version and performs a SECTOR_SELECT, page READ and page WRITE operation.

It will depend if you want to write to a tag or to a mobile, if you will write to a tag you will need to use the Read/Write mode, still I would strongly recommend you to check the following links :

https://www.themobileknowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NFC-Reader-Library.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10721.pdf 

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

karim_osama
Contributor II

as per this screenshot from the https://www.themobileknowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NFC-Reader-Library.pdfpage 41, 

third step (activating) and fourth step (send/receive) aren't implemented yet for the NFC profile "NDEF"

so is there a way to deal with that issue ?

thanks in advance :smileyhappy: 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos