cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Magic issues with NSH3100

shadyelmakhzang
Contributor I

Hello everybody,

I am using the Flash magic V10.96.4956 to download a Hex file on an NHS3100 throuh the SWD over Link2 interface. I have two boards that faces a different kind of issues:

1- The first board states that "Failed to read the device signature (Operation Failed. (reading signature)). Accessing a device using the wrong protocol could render the device unsuable. Do you want to continue?"

The debugging file for this board is flashmagic-20180622-075751.fmd.

2- The other board states that "Operation Failed. Failed to autobaud - step1."

The debugging file for this board is flashmagic-20180622-080218.fmd.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Shady R. Elmakhzangy

0 Kudos
4 Replies

vrushali_b
Contributor I

Hi,

I am facing same issue with flashing NHS3152 using flash magic. "Failed to read the device signature (Operation Failed. (reading signature)). Accessing a device using the wrong protocol could render the device unsuable. Do you want to continue?"

Did you resolved this issue?

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi vrushali.b@snsystems.in‌, 

I suspect the target device is still set to NHS3100, as in the screenshot posted by Kan‌ above. When flashing an NHS3152 IC, you can change the target device by clicking on the Select... button on the left.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

FlashMagic is a third party tool, and support for this can be obtained via http://www.flashmagictool.com/support.html or by emailing support@esacademy.com. I think the debugging files you attached make sense to them only.

The SDK currently promotes v10.90, as that was the version the images were tested with at the time of release of SDK 11.1 BETA. You can download past installers of Flash Magic via http://www.flashmagictool.com/download.html

I'm now using the latest version of Flash Magic - v11.16 - and this is working fine for my needs.

The two errors you listed seem to stem from the same problem. I suspect the board is not being powered (did you fit a jumper over JP2?) or being in / going to Power-off or Deep Power Down mode.

• Have a look at <SDK>docs/AN_NHS31xx_Flashing.pdf > 2.2 Flash Magic, especially the note at page 12.
  • When developing, also have a look at <SDK>/docs/firmware.html > SW Debug Considerations

In short, it boils down to making sure the IC is awake when the IC is contacted through the SWD lines.

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shady,

I am sorry, but I could not reproduce your issue here, and I am using 10.9 , and I have JP2 on LPC-Link 2 installed.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos