cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom coil design for NFC sensor

nikozarzani
Contributor I

Hi all,

We need to fit small NFC tag that can be read by smartphones inside some tube shaped products with a 2-3mm diameter.

The smallest NFC sensors with antenna I was able to find online are these ones ( For smart phone reading | Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.  ). The same manufacturer has a LXTB5HHCNK-002 that is smaller than the previous ones but unfortunately it seems that not all the smartphones are able to read it (I have tested some samples).

In the worst case this tube can also be molded in a circular shape. 

pastedImage_2.png 

Therefore we are interested in a kinda flexible coil design that can fit all the different products.

Can you help me find a sensor that fits our needs or a manufacturer that can help us with a custom coil design?

Thank you in advance,

Niko

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niko Zarzani,

I believe for compatibility with more smartphones due to antenna size your idea of the circular antenna would be better.

Unfortunately NXP manufactures only the tag IC and I could not mention a tag manufacturer or vendor to fulfill your needs. You can search from our partners in the next links:

Member Directory Search  (Go to the "Partner Directory" tab and use the search keyword NFC)

https://nxp-rfid.com/rfid-ecosystem/

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos