freemaster mcat i.mx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freemaster mcat i.mx

michelet1
Contributor II

Hi,I'm looking for a freemaster example where MCAT is used for the i.mxrt1050 board,are there any examples about it?

I tried to download sdk from nxp site but i could not find an example regarding i.mx...i wanted to know if there is something about it.

Thanks in advance for your help and availability

0 Kudos
3 Replies

joseftkadlec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi michelet1,

MCAT is a part of Motor Control SW released on https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/ . Motor Control middleware is not supported at each release of SDK for each board. To filter releases that include Motor Control middleware you can set a middleware filter:

joseftkadlec_0-1648099175410.png

I see the latest release with Motor Control middleware support for EVKB-IMXRT1050 is 2.9.1:

joseftkadlec_1-1648099361818.png

I hope this filter will help you in future,

Josef

0 Kudos

michelet1
Contributor II

Hi joseftkadlec,

thanks for your response.

I followed your steps but when i import sdk into mcuxpresso and look for a freemaster mcat example(by running import sdk example's) i can't find it.

Specifically i thought i'd find an example under demo_apps.

thank for your help

0 Kudos

joseftkadlec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi michelet1,

I just did the following steps:

• Download SDK package with Motor Control middleware checked
  • Import the *.zip into MCUXpresso IDE SDK
  • Import mc_pmsm example, this clones the mc_pmsm project into your workspace:
  • joseftkadlec_0-1648108629237.png
  • Then you will find the pmsm_float_enc.pmp FreeMASTER file in Project Explorer:

•  joseftkadlec_2-1648108836155.png

•  Double-click on it and FreeMASTER with MCAT will open:

• joseftkadlec_3-1648108931717.png

NOTE: for more information about mc_pmsm example visit: https://www.nxp.com/sdkmotorcontrol and find the corresponding User Guide in Product Catalog table.

BR,

Josef 

0 Kudos