Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad Motor Control Development Platform and PE micro Problem

Jump to solution
gianpiero_lenta
Contributor I

Good morning,

we are having a strange problem with the "Quad Motor Control Development Platform".
This platform consists of three boards (equipped with an i.MX RT1052) already developed by NXP and the management software also developed by NXP to allow the control of up to four brushless motors.
The problem that until now we have not been able to solve is debugging the application with PE micro, it seems that it cannot load the application or it loads it partially or incorrectly.
It all works using LPC Link2 but not Pe micro.
Pe micro works correctly on EVKBs (with 1052 on board)!
The big difference between the 2 evaluations is this:
1) EVKB defaults to Hyper Flash
2) Quad motor goes on quad SPI
Has anyone faced similar problems?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gianpiero_lenta ,

What's the QSPI flash chip you are using, it is new, right?

Please tell me your QSPI flash chip partnumber at first.

Please check whether you can download the code to the internal RAM,

kerryzhou_0-1646792912213.png

if yes, you can download this code:

\SDK_2_11_0_EVKB-IMXRT1050\boards\evkbimxrt1050\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer

to the RAM, 

Please also check your QSPI flash chip, if it is not the same as the MIMRT1050-EVKB board, then you need to follow your QSPI flash datasheet to modify the LUT command, and test it.

For the new chip, you need to enable the QE bit.

Test the polling_transfer project, whether you can finish the flash chip erase, write and read.

Please test it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gianpiero_lenta
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou ,

thanks your advice was invaluable.
Now it works, we can debug with Pe Micro.
We had been circling this issue for a few days.
It is still unclear how we got into a similar problem, for some reason the QE bit probably gets dirty.
Either by mistaking the flash in the initial settings or by trying alternately LPC link 2 and pE micro something not under control happens.

To allow everything to work we still had to add the "erase all" flag of the form I attached to you.

Anyway we still continue to investigate how the problem arise.

many thanks

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gianpiero_lenta ,

You still didn't tell me your RT board used QSPI flash chip partnumber.

As you know, the different QSPI flash chip, the QE bit is not the same position.

About the debugger, you can use the LPC-LINK2 firmware it as CMSIS DAP, then in the MCUXPresso IDE select the RT1050 QSPI .cfx and test it.

BTW, on your customer board, do you leave the DQS pin as float? This is also important, and may influence the flexSPI frequence if you are not float.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
gianpiero_lenta
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou ,

the QSPI flash chip is IS25WP064 ABLE 1740 P1F557L1.

About the debugger my original plan was to use Pe micro because I used in a previous project.

When I will design my card, I plan to switch to RT1064 (with internal flash), if am I right the DQS I have to manage only in case of hyper flash (which will not be my case)

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gianpiero_lenta ,

To RT1064, DQS is OK, as the boot DQS is the internal signal: GPIO_SPI_B0_09.

But to RT1050, you need to take care the DQS pin:GPIO_SD_B1_05

If you don't let it as float, you just can using the following FlexSPIn_MCR0[RXCLKSRC]=0x0, the flexSPI clock will be limit to 60Mhz, then if your flashloader, FCB configure more than 60Mhz, it will meet issues.

kerryzhou_1-1647225529164.png

You can see our MIMXRT1050-EVKB which works on your side, the DQS is float.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gianpiero_lenta ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

To the PE micro connect the mcuxpresso RT1050, the default setting is for the hyperflash, that's why your MIMXRT1050-EVKB works, as that is using the hyperflash.

If you want to use the RT1050 QSPI flash for the PE micro in the mcuxpresso, please use this setting, then your flashdriver will use the qspi firmware:

Another modificaiton.jpg

You also can check the download log,  you will see it calls the qspi firmware like this:

test result.jpg

I have tested it on my MIMXRT1050-EVKB board which is modified to the qspi with pemicr debugger in the previous time.

Wish it helps you!

If your question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thanks.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
gianpiero_lenta
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried with your advice but it continue to fail, please look at the log attached.

Thanks

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gianpiero_lenta ,

What's the QSPI flash chip you are using, it is new, right?

Please tell me your QSPI flash chip partnumber at first.

Please check whether you can download the code to the internal RAM,

kerryzhou_0-1646792912213.png

if yes, you can download this code:

\SDK_2_11_0_EVKB-IMXRT1050\boards\evkbimxrt1050\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer

to the RAM, 

Please also check your QSPI flash chip, if it is not the same as the MIMRT1050-EVKB board, then you need to follow your QSPI flash datasheet to modify the LUT command, and test it.

For the new chip, you need to enable the QE bit.

Test the polling_transfer project, whether you can finish the flash chip erase, write and read.

Please test it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos