Kinetis Motor Suite cannot communicate because .elf file does not match. It refuses to accept the user directory where the .elf file resides. The whole installation is simply default options.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Motor Suite cannot communicate because .elf file does not match. It refuses to accept the user directory where the .elf file resides. The whole installation is simply default options.

dougwong
Contributor I

The only .elf files are in a User subdirectory. This doesn't seem to be an acceptable directory.

I am using FRDM-VV31F with NXP Freedom Development Platform for Low-Voltage, 3-Phase PMSM Motor Control.

KDS can communicate with the module, but Kinetis Motor Suite cannot.

It seems Kinetis Motor Suite cannot communicate because .elf file does not match what is in the module. It refuses to accept the user directory where the .elf file resides. The whole installation was simply using default options. I did not alter any directories. I don't need to keep firmware that is on the module, I just need to get communications going.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recommend you may make reference from the Kinetis Motor Suite User’s Guide:

https://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/KMS100UG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1

Where you can find how to load the .elf when image mismatch(4.2.3.2).

0 Kudos