sweep mask parameter in a for loop -- block "MC3377xC Get Values" NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sweep mask parameter in a for loop -- block "MC3377xC Get Values" NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox

Jump to solution
CZ_FB
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am using the block "MC3377xC Get Values" (and other blocks in the 'BMS_3377xC' library) from the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox in Matlab Simulink 2023b.

I would like to know how to sweep the mask parameters (such as the 'Instance' and 'CID' values in the "MC3377xC Get Values" block) in a For Loop in Simulink simulation and for embedded code generation. 

Thanks

Cheng

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @CZ_FB,

Unfortunately, this requirement is not possible right away, because it requires a serious update/patch coming from the MBDT team. We have to redesign and modify the blocks from the toolbox to accept both the CID and the Instance as a block input. I will open a ticket for such changes, but because we have no roadmap to cover a new release for the MBDT for S32K1, I cannot promise this will be implemented.

To faster help you with such requirements, I can identify 2 options:

1. You could use a switch case, and in each case place a block to handle the CID and Instance you need to cover.

2. The second option would be to create a block that uses custom code, after a template or method described in this article https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/How-to-use-your-own-C-code-in-our-Toolbox-...

How many BCCs do you need to cover?

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @CZ_FB,

Unfortunately, this requirement is not possible right away, because it requires a serious update/patch coming from the MBDT team. We have to redesign and modify the blocks from the toolbox to accept both the CID and the Instance as a block input. I will open a ticket for such changes, but because we have no roadmap to cover a new release for the MBDT for S32K1, I cannot promise this will be implemented.

To faster help you with such requirements, I can identify 2 options:

1. You could use a switch case, and in each case place a block to handle the CID and Instance you need to cover.

2. The second option would be to create a block that uses custom code, after a template or method described in this article https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/How-to-use-your-own-C-code-in-our-Toolbox-...

How many BCCs do you need to cover?

Regards,

Marius