Contributor II

How can i generate .hex file in MBD for MPC5775B

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @saurabhkulkarni123 

The .hex file can be generated from the .elf file, the result of the build process.

To obtain the hex file directly from MATLAB you shall first locate the .elf file and then to apply the powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe on the elf file.

Let's take particular example, of the gpio_mpc574x file.

1. Open the gpio_mpc574x_mbd_rtw generated folder as "current folder" in MATLAB.

2. Run the following command in MATLAB's command window:

dos(fullfile(mbd_find_mpc_root, 'tools\S32DS\build_tools\powerpc-eabivle-4_9\bin\powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe -O ihex gpio_mpc574x.elf gpio_mpc574x.hex'));

mariuslucianand_1-1658475281205.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
saurabhkulkarni123
Contributor II

Hello @mariuslucianand , I'm trying to flash program to MPC5775B EVA board through CAN medium. but as .RBF file provided by you is for CAN0 channel only ,But in Rappid id Bootloader only CAN1,CAN2,CAN3 available. How I can use CAN0 in Rappid id bootloader.

also is it required to use only vector CAN hardware for rappidid bootloader ? or I can use peak CAN hardware?

0 Kudos
saurabhkulkarni123
Contributor II

how can I flash MBD code to MPC5775B Through CAN medium instead of UART. Please Suggest procedure.

0 Kudos
saurabhkulkarni123
Contributor II

ok thanks.. Now i'm trying to build MPC5777C RBF file into MPC5775B through s32ide but i'm getting flashing error like "Error during flash programming terminating debug session".  im using JTAG here for flashing.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @saurabhkulkarni123 

The .hex file can be generated from the .elf file, the result of the build process.

To obtain the hex file directly from MATLAB you shall first locate the .elf file and then to apply the powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe on the elf file.

Let's take particular example, of the gpio_mpc574x file.

1. Open the gpio_mpc574x_mbd_rtw generated folder as "current folder" in MATLAB.

2. Run the following command in MATLAB's command window:

dos(fullfile(mbd_find_mpc_root, 'tools\S32DS\build_tools\powerpc-eabivle-4_9\bin\powerpc-eabivle-objcopy.exe -O ihex gpio_mpc574x.elf gpio_mpc574x.hex'));

mariuslucianand_1-1658475281205.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
saurabhkulkarni123
Contributor II

Is it required to use VECTOR CAN hardware? Can I use PCAN hardware instead of that. Please suggest some procedure wise details for flashing MPC5775B EVA board via CAN medium.

0 Kudos