Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFIO Toolbox

Jump to solution
radudrosescu
Contributor III

Hi,

Where can I download SFIO Toolbox for Matlab? 

Thanks!

Radu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
radudrosescu
Contributor III

Dear Marius,

Thank you very much for your support.

The DBW application is the subject of a PhD thesis and then for a grant contract. Lockstep and ASIL are mandatory, Autosar not yet. The DEVKIT inverter does not meet the power requirements but will be redesigned later based on the same GD3000 controller. For now, I must decide as quickly as possible between S32K3 and Hercules-570 given the software and examples as extensive as possible (we work in a Mechanic Faculty). As for EB Tresos, I have no information on the price of a license, the existing one expires in March and I don't know if NXP will extend it. It would be much more convenient to work with S32CT.

I would have some more questions

I installed S32K3XX_AMMCLIB_RTM_1_1_27_BIN.exe and set the path in Matlab towards the created folder. Versions 22, 25, 26, 27 appear in C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software. You say that 26 is the pre-installed one. Which will be selected by simulink?

Everywhere it is specified that the two examples of engine control are in FreeMaster. I can't find any pmp files for them. I know from the example for S32K144 that I download an run an install MTRDEVKSPNK144_SW.exe  that creates a folder where you could find pmp and the project for S32DS. For S3xx does not exist such a program.

A new MCSPTE1AK344 kit in preproduction is announced. As software I found MCAT (plug-in in FreeMaster), AMMCLIB, RTD and MBD that I have already installed. Will there be the two BLDC, PMSM control projects available for this kit as in the case of K144?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Radu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @radudrosescu 

If you are interested in our toolbox for the Kinetis platform, please have a look at this page here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-for-Kinetis-V-S...

Otherwise, please tell me more about the algorithms/hardware you want to develop your application with.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
radudrosescu
Contributor III

Hello Marius,

I intend to develop a PMSM control application for the Steer-by-wire system using an S32K3 controller. For now, we would like to test the algorithms developed by NXP for S32K144 + DevKit-MotorGD board, but since there is no direct porting on s32k3 they need to be rewritten. SFIO toolbox would help us to test some blocks from AMCLIB (for example clark) directly on the S32k344EVB257ND board with which we intend to develop the application. Meantime, I also bought S32k344EVB-172. And from here I would like to ask you a second question. Where are the two Model Based S32K3 examples for BLDC and PMSM engine, the S32DesignStudio 3.4 project for them, and the example for FreeMaster MCAT? In S32K3xx_AMMCLIB_RTM_1_1_27, respectively MBD Toolbox for S32K3xx 1.1.0 these are not found. These examples are described in chapter.3.3- Motor Control examples from the pdf manual.

Thanks!

Radu

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Radu,

With the MBD Toolbox for S32K3xx 1.1.0, we do provide both PMSM and BLDC Simulink examples configured for the S32K344 Q257 MCU, tested and developed on the S32K3X4EVB-Q257 and the GD3000, while the MCU peripheral configuration is performed in EB Tresos. Unfortunately, we do not deliver the S32CT examples in this release, and also the integrated AMMCLIB is 1.1.26, not 1.1.27. But both models come with the FreeMaster MCAT projects associated with them. 

In terms of blocks and approaches, the toolbox for the S32K3 is much more different than the one for the S32K1, because of multiple reasons:

1. The C code for the S32K3 is generated on top of the Real-Time Drivers, HLD ( AUTOSAR's MCAL Layer) while the C code for the S32K1 is generated on top of the S32SDK (sort of low-level drivers).

2. Both physical MCUs integrate different Timer peripherals for the PWM signals generation. For example, the S32K3 uses the eMIOS to generate PWM signals. These signals are not delivered to the pins directly, instead, they are connected to the LCU peripheral, which doubles each PWM signal, to generate the High and Low gate side signals. This is the main reason why the motor control examples differ so much from the K1 to K3: the motor control peripherals are completely different.

3. The S32K3 uses an external configuration tool(EB Tresos or S32Configurtion Tool) to generate the code which controls the peripherals, while the S32K1 uses Simulink configuration blocks.

SFIO toolbox would help us to test some blocks from AMCLIB (for example clark) directly on the S32k344EVB257ND board with which we intend to develop the application.

The only toolbox capable of generating C code for the S32K3 is the MBD Toolbox for S32K3xx 1.1.0, so there is no SFIO toolbox to generate such code. If you want to test the Clarke Park Transforms on the S32K3, please have a look at the s32k3xx_ammclib_gmclib_foc_(F16/F32/FLT) examples. They are using the AMMCLIB 1.1.26 for the S32K3, the integrated AMMCLIB library for this release.

To be able to run this model using the S32CT, you have to open the Simulink model, go to Hardware Implementation, Tools Paths and select the S32 Config Tools.

mariuslucianand_0-1643662391720.png

The current setup for your Steer-by-wire development system is going to be on the S32K3X4 EVB with Motor GD and do you plan to use the S32 Configuration Tools for the MCU configuration?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
radudrosescu
Contributor III

Dear Marius,

Thank you very much for your support.

The DBW application is the subject of a PhD thesis and then for a grant contract. Lockstep and ASIL are mandatory, Autosar not yet. The DEVKIT inverter does not meet the power requirements but will be redesigned later based on the same GD3000 controller. For now, I must decide as quickly as possible between S32K3 and Hercules-570 given the software and examples as extensive as possible (we work in a Mechanic Faculty). As for EB Tresos, I have no information on the price of a license, the existing one expires in March and I don't know if NXP will extend it. It would be much more convenient to work with S32CT.

I would have some more questions

I installed S32K3XX_AMMCLIB_RTM_1_1_27_BIN.exe and set the path in Matlab towards the created folder. Versions 22, 25, 26, 27 appear in C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\software. You say that 26 is the pre-installed one. Which will be selected by simulink?

Everywhere it is specified that the two examples of engine control are in FreeMaster. I can't find any pmp files for them. I know from the example for S32K144 that I download an run an install MTRDEVKSPNK144_SW.exe  that creates a folder where you could find pmp and the project for S32DS. For S3xx does not exist such a program.

A new MCSPTE1AK344 kit in preproduction is announced. As software I found MCAT (plug-in in FreeMaster), AMMCLIB, RTD and MBD that I have already installed. Will there be the two BLDC, PMSM control projects available for this kit as in the case of K144?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Radu

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Radu,

I am glad to hear that you want to use the MBDT Toolbox for a Ph.D. Thesis.

The MBDT Toolbox uses the AMMCLIB 26 from our MBDT sources only. All the functions from the C AMMCLIB Library have an associated Simulink block in our library. So, the AMMCLIB from the MBDT does not check at all the C:\NXP\S32DS3.4\S32DS\software folder location.

As a side note here, when the MBDT opens the S32 Configuration tools, it actually opens a stand-alone version, also delivered with MBDT, independent of C:\NXP\S32DS3.4\S32DS\software. So the MBDT does not interact at all with the S32DS installed at the mentioned location. Regardless of EB Tresos, all the dependencies are delivered with the MBDT installer.

Everywhere it is specified that the two examples of engine control are in FreeMaster. I can't find any pmp files for them. I know from the example for S32K144 that I download an run an install MTRDEVKSPNK144_SW.exe  that creates a folder where you could find pmp and the project for S32DS. For S3xx does not exist such a program.

You can find the FreeMaster project, inside the FreeMASTER_control folder of each PMSM/BLDC example, located inside the mc folder of the S32K3_Examples.

mariuslucianand_0-1643789292034.png

For sure we will provide examples to support the MCSPTE1AK344 kit once it will be available.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos