cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model based design toolbox for S32K3xx verify toolbox license failed

Jump to solution
amitra
Contributor I

Model based design toolbox for S32K3xx verify toolbox license failed.

Verify MBD toolbox license is failed:

Error message NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox license activation failed.

#S32K3xx

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dragostoma
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @amitra,

We appreciate your interest in the S32K3 Model-Based Design Toolbox.

There could be a number of causes for the toolbox license verification issue you are having. Initially, confirm that the license file you generated was created with the correct HostID—your machine's volume partition's serial number. Use the vol command on the Command Prompt to find this serial number. A single MBDT license associated with a single machine can be generated for each NXP account. You will need to return the license and create a new one linked to the new computer if you choose to switch the machine on which you want to use it.

Second, the downloaded license file must be copied in the lic folder from the Toolbox root, as in the following example:

dragostoma_0-1718782933242.png

Additionally, make sure that the mbd_s32k3_path.m  script in the Toolbox root is executed. The script checks that the user has set up the necessary dependencies and provides guidance on how to install and configure the toolbox properly. Everything should be operational at this point.

If you continue to experience issues with license activation, do let us know.

Best regards, 

Dragos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
amitra
Contributor I

Dragos,
I have removed the other license file. I have used the correct Disk Serial Number when I generate the license from NXP.

Please advise. What could be the issues.

0 Kudos
dragostoma
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @amitra,

We appreciate your interest in the S32K3 Model-Based Design Toolbox.

There could be a number of causes for the toolbox license verification issue you are having. Initially, confirm that the license file you generated was created with the correct HostID—your machine's volume partition's serial number. Use the vol command on the Command Prompt to find this serial number. A single MBDT license associated with a single machine can be generated for each NXP account. You will need to return the license and create a new one linked to the new computer if you choose to switch the machine on which you want to use it.

Second, the downloaded license file must be copied in the lic folder from the Toolbox root, as in the following example:

dragostoma_0-1718782933242.png

Additionally, make sure that the mbd_s32k3_path.m  script in the Toolbox root is executed. The script checks that the user has set up the necessary dependencies and provides guidance on how to install and configure the toolbox properly. Everything should be operational at this point.

If you continue to experience issues with license activation, do let us know.

Best regards, 

Dragos

0 Kudos
amitra
Contributor I

Hi Dragos,

I have verified the  lic folder from the Toolbox root. Also executed successfully the  mbd_s32k3_path.m  script in the Toolbox root.  

Please find the attached screen shot of the MATLAB window.

I am still getting the  same error.  

In Matlab the error message is :

License Error: -9, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Invalid.

Please go to The Model-Based Design Development Toolbox Web Site and include error number.
Component:NXP MBD Toolbox | Category:Block error

0 Kudos
dragostoma
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @amitra.,

Usually, Error Code -9 means that the license file is correctly attached to the toolbox, but something is wrong with it. Most probably, it is not correctly generated. Did you introduce the correct Disk Serial Number when you generate the license from NXP Software & Licensing website?

Moreover, I've noticed that you have 2 .dat license files in the lic folder. Make sure you have only the correct license.dat file to avoid misinterpretation.

Hope this helps,

Dragos