cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series Matlab Compatability

kobbs1
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a setup of Matlab 2022b and the Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series Version 4.3.0.

When I installed it earlier this year, It said they were compatable, but looking at this recently, I see that version 4.3.9 is only compatible with the following versions.

(R2016a-R2022a)

I have not run into any issues with the toolbox developing or deploying the software, but I am worried about compatibility issues. Can anyone tell me what the known compatibility issues are for this toolbox and Matlab 2022b? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @kobbs1,

We test our MBDT packages up to the latest MATLAB version available at the release date of the MBDT. In this case, the MBDT for S32K1 4.3.0 was released last year in September and the latest available MATLAB version was R2022a. To be honest, for now, there is no planned MBDT for S32K1 4.4.0.

However, in our general experience, most of the functionalities of the toolbox are compatible with newer MATLAB versions. Things that may be affected are usually related to automatic verification techniques like SIL or PIL.

So you could continue to use our toolbox in newer versions of MATLAB with no worries related to the generated code. But if you encounter any issues or errors or you think that something is not working as expected due to the toolbox compatibility, I would kindly ask you to report the behavior on the Community and we will analyze and if needs be provide a hotfix.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos