cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C-DEVB No Comms via serial

chrisc1
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I believe my topic has been discussed before here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/MPC5777c-loss-of-communication-for-ccp-mcu... but I don't necessarily have a conclusive way of getting comms with our MPC5777-DEVB.

I've been flashing fine with the FTDI drivers with the MPC5744P-EVB, it's 99% reliable after I press the reset button.

When I received the 5777C two weeks ago one of the first things I did is see the Welcome screen as the UserGuide describes. I then thought that I could autocode to it but I read the section 2.3 about loading the Bootloader. So I used S32DS and the PE Multilink Universal to flash into it the board the following file: MPC5777C_S32DS_UART0_CAN0_1sec_delay.rbf, following the instruction to use the specific algo for 1x32x64k_eeprom.pcp.

I didn't get any comms so instead I flashed  MPC5777C_S32DS_UART0_CAN0.rbf, thinking it might be the correct defaul RBF for this board.

With this I was able to build and flash once: I think I built the gpio_mpc5777c_devb model after ensuring the Config matched the 516 BGA of this board and the COM port (in my case COM14).

When I built a second model, to add some small things to see in FreeMaster I noticed that I get the dreaded message: 'Loss Communication with CCP MCU. Please cycle power and try again.
The operation has timed out.' So I've been testing the FTDI-COM via Putty or TeraTerm to see if there is a specific issue with it.

I can't imagine that FTDI drivers have worked all of last week with the 5744P and suddenly stop when I start using the 5777. I flashed the board with S32DS to have the most reliable method to put the 'Hello World' app into the board and test the Serial/USB.

I wonder if there are any jumper settings or specific things that could be the differentiating factor between me getting reliable comms with a smaller board (the 5744P) but having more difficulty with its bigger brother. I'm not experienced enough in S32DS to troubleshoot it with break-points so I would appreciate any help in case I have missed something very obvious. I attach the S32DS console output in case it gives some information. One of the things I'm not sure about is where it states:

Calculated CRC-16 does not match block. (File = $4082, Device = $B370)
Current content of flash does not match application to be programmed

Thank you in advance. Please let me know if you need any further info in case I have not been particularly thorough.

Chris

0 Kudos
2 Replies

DarrellWhite
Contributor I

This coversheet was created by Verical, a division of Arrow Electronics, Inc. (“​Verical”). The attached  Verical, its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, and agents make no representations or warranties  the serial port to which the micro USB of.

0 Kudos

chrisc1
Contributor III

if anyone has an *.elf file I can try to flash the user LEDs for example, then I'm keen on trying just to check that the board is running as expected.

I wasn't sure if the code attached here is acceptable since I don't know if there could be any differences in the memory addresses that it programs to:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx-Knowledge-Base/Example-MPC5777C-PinToggleStationery-GHS714/ta-p... 

0 Kudos