cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P MBDT Brushed DC Motor Control

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm currently using the MPC5744P to produce a PWM signal to drive an external MAXON Motor Controller, which is capable of brushed & brushless DC motor control but wanted to start to move away from using an external driver. Is it possible to use the "DEVKIT-MOTORGD" in combination with the MPC5744P DEVKIT board to drive a brushed DC Motor?

I've seen lots of documentation with regard to BLDC but nothing on brushed DC motors.

If it is possible, are there any sample pieces of code to help get me started, and if it isn't, are there any suggestions as to the best way to proceed for brushed DC motor control?

Thanks,

Crispin

0 Kudos
3 Replies

adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @C_Zuercher_APR ,

I've created a simple PWM control model for a DC motor. You must connect your DC motor to Phase A  and Phase B or to Phase C and Phase B. Please be careful with your DC motor params to not damage something. The DC voltage that powers the MOTORGD board can be applied to the DC motor if you use a 100% duty cycle.

This model uses a counter to increase the PWM once at each second. You can even control 2 DC motors with the MOTORGD_DEVKIT. 

If can add the control part from the "Simscape" toolbox (e.g.: "ee_dc_motor_control"). 

Best regards,

Adrian

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi @adriantudor 

I'm using R2020b.

Thanks,

Crispin

0 Kudos

adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @C_Zuercher_APR ,

Please tell me which version of Matlab do you use.

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos