Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBDT Timed Subsystem

Jump to solution
C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi,

I have created a timed subsystem (1ms), within which sits two CAN Transmit blocks, a PWM Output block and an ADC Block, all joined together with a series of PI, P & I Controllers etc.

The CAN Tx blocks appear to behave as I'd expect them to do so; picking up and transmitting the relevant signals (as seen on CANalyzer)

The issue I'm having is with the CAN Rx block; almost regardless of what I do with it, the signal (see Simulink block diagram attached) doesn't reach the CAN Tx blocks, and is seen on CANalyzer as "0" when it should be within 20 and 80.

I've tried:

- Putting the CAN Rx area into a timed subsystem & using a rate transition block to connect the two subsystems

- Putting the CAN Rx area inside the timed subsystem

The only way this has worked for me thus far is when I don't have the timed subsystem at all. However, I need to have control over the CAN Tx times & control algorithm execution.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Crispin

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Apologies; issue has been resolved. I hadn't included an initialisation area to take in the CAN Message and therefore trigger the function.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Apologies; issue has been resolved. I hadn't included an initialisation area to take in the CAN Message and therefore trigger the function.

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @C_Zuercher_APR ,

Nice to hear this!

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos