Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with gpio_s32k144 example

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello,

I'am using

Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K14x Automotive MCU 2018.R1

I try to build the gpio_s32k144 example in order to use it with S32K144EVB. I have the following issue:

### Build procedure for model: 'gpio_s32k144' aborted due to an error.
For S-function 'gpio_s32k14_output', the number of defined parameters, 4, does not match the number of parameters on the dialog of 'gpio_s32k144/Digital_Output', 0. These two values must be identical.
Component:Simulink | Category:Block diagram error
For S-function 'gpio_s32k14_output', the number of defined parameters, 4, does not match the number of parameters on the dialog of 'gpio_s32k144/GREEN_LED', 0. These two values must be identical.
For S-function 'gpio_s32k14_input', the number of defined parameters, 6, does not match the number of parameters on the dialog of 'gpio_s32k144/SW2', 0. These two values must be identical.

GPIO issue.PNG

Could you please tel me what i need to do ? thanks in advance

Regards

12 Replies

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Thanks for your support

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello Maruis,

Could you please tell me how to declare the environment Variable named "GCC_S32K_TOOL".

is it a command to type on matlab ?

Thanks in advance. Regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello m.benderradji@outlook.fr‌,

For adding an environment variable in Windows you need to right click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced system Settings and in the Advanced tab you click the "Environment Variables". Then press New... and add the GCC_S32K_TOOl variable name and the compiler location. After that restart Matlab and  it will use the new compiler.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards, 

Marius

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello Marious,

Could you please tell me where i can find the steps to follow in order to setup the compilerr for MBDT 2018.R1

I want to use the requested compiler instead of the default one "GCC 6.3 compiler" i think.

Thanks in advance for your support

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To use another GCC compiler it is enough to declare an Environment Variable named "GCC_S32K_TOOL" to the location where the GCC complier is installed and restart Matlab after that. If no variable is declared the MBDT uses the default compiler located at "C:\Users\[...]\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\tools\gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi

Best regards, 

Marius

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Thanks Marius

IIs it possible to use Model BaseD Design toolbox without Embedded coder from mathworks ? Is it possible to use only with Matlab coder and Simulink coder ?

Best regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is not possible to use the MBDT toolbox without Embedded Coder. 

Marius

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello Marius,

Thank you for your support.

I did not install the old version of MBDT. would you tell me if the issue comes from the installation of the "Motor Control Toolbox supporting S32K"

I'have installed this tool box with the pervious one (MBDT 2018 R1).

Best regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please uninstall the "Motor Control Toolbox supporting S32K" and use only "Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series". All the features from that toolbox are embedded in 2018.R1. For a clean install you can follow my previous responses.

Best regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you installed the 2018.R1 over the last MBDT version?

Please reset the Matlab "Set Path" to "Default" like in the attached image and then perform a clean install of the MBDT 2018.R1.

Best regards, 

Marius

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

m_benderradji
Contributor II

Hello and thanks for your support.

I have already installed the 2018.R1. I have this issue with this last version.

What do you mean by "perform a clean install of the MBDT 2018.R1" after "set path"

Thank in advance for your replay

regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assumed that you used the old toolbox version before and the files from the last toolbox version were still in the Matlab's path. So with a clean install I want to be sure that the only files related with the MBDT toolbox are the ones from the current toolbox. 

Now, you set the paths to default, go to the Addons folder which typically is C:\Users\[...]\Documents\MATLAB\Add-Ons and in the MBDT toolbox please run the "mbd_s32k_path.m" script.

Now, if you type the command "ver" in the Matlab Command Window, you need to be sure that you have only one toolbox related with S32K. For example I only have this "Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx Series         Version 2018.R1     (R2016b-R2018a)".

Hope this helps, 

Marius

0 Kudos