cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with MR-CANHUBK344

HariRam_111
Contributor II

Hey NXP support team,

I am getting started with NXP-MR CANHUBK344 board. I am trying to get the DIO & CAN examples working as a first step.

I connected the board through an external debugger - Segger J-LINK MINI (I was told recently that I need an external debugger to flash the codes in to the S32K344 board).

20231013_171222.jpg

I noticed that the RGB LED status on EVB which was green before, turned blue now & it stays blue all the time now.

Also when I try to flash an example model 's32k3xx_dio_s32ct', I get the below download failed message (I was able to successfuly flash once, but now I cannot repeat the successful flash again).

HariRam_111_0-1697243069559.png

Also I noticed that the USB drive is not recognizing the board. Is this normal?

HariRam_111_1-1697243230501.png

Attaching the error log in the thread.

I could not find appropriate support documents for MR-CANHUBK344.

Any help would be appreciated in helping me bring this board up! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

HariRam_111
Contributor II

Thanks @robertv , this article is extremely helpful.

This answers all my question regarding the example that I wanted to try.

I will reach out if I have any questions after trying this on my EVB.

0 Kudos

robertv
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello HariRam_111,

After looking at the attached picture all the wires seem to be connected correctly, so i'd initially rule that out as a potential problem.

We've published an article meant to help people get started with the MR-CANHUBK344 board and I think it could prove useful to you as well: https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/Interacting-with-Digital-Inputs-Outputs-on...

My first guess would be that one of the settings in the Hardware Implementation/Target Hardware Resources tab is not configured properly. This is all covered in the article so I would kindly ask you to double-check whether your settings resemble the ones presented there.

Still, there are a few things worth mentioning. Currently there is no configuration project for MR-CANHUBK344 included in the MBDT so it's being treated as a custom design. This means that for the examples to run properly, the user has to configure the board's pins and peripherals in the external Configuration Tool of choice (MBDT also comes with S32 Config Tools). 

One such custom configuration project can be found in the linked article and it is set up to allow interacting with Digital I/Os, ADC Potentiometer, PWM (Red LED), UART and FreeMASTER.

Regards, 
Robert V 

0 Kudos