GPI Read input pin does not persist with save. Using MBDT for MPC57xx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPI Read input pin does not persist with save. Using MBDT for MPC57xx

ranulf
Contributor IV

I am using NXP_MBDTToolbox_MPC57xx version 3.2.0 with R2020a. I am using the X-RDVCU5775EVM dev board which has the MPC5775B chip.

I have created a simple model to demonstrate the problem. All of the blocks are shown in the image below.

Entire model.png

 The input pin for the GPI Read block is "PTG4: [SIU_A_GPIO196 | General Purpose I/O 196]" and is shown below. 

Original settings.png

 The model works as expected: when a board GPIO circuit is closed a board LED lights up. However, the problem occurs when I save the model and reopen it. When I reopen it the blocks look look like this. Question marks appear on the GPI Read block mask. That is not the expected behavior.

Open after save.png

 When I double-click on the GPI Read block the question marks are replaced by some text and an pin assignment is made that is not in agreement with the pin assignment I made before the file was saved.

After double clicking GPI Read Block.png

 This is probably a bug. The behavior I expected was for the pin assignment I made before the file was saved to persist after I closed and then reopened the file.

I have attached my file. A fix would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

user_N
Contributor II

I found same issue with GPIO 456 and GPIO 196. MATLAB says it is the issue of  "MaskDisplay Command" , so it looks the issue of the MBDT library.

0 Kudos

Trevor145
Contributor I

The ADP5589 is a 19 I/O port expander with built-in keypad Events can be read back by the processor via an I2C compatible interface. saving board area and cost. Pin No. (LFCSP). Pin No. (WLCSP) Mnemonic Description. 1. E3. R7. GPIO 8. This pin configure the general-purpose input (GPI) and logic activity.

0 Kudos