FreeMaster setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster setup

raghurajappa
Contributor IV

Using MPC5643L + Daughter board + Mother board XPC56xx EVB. 
Using Simulink + Green Hills v5.1.7 compiler + Serial interface (RappID). Using MPC56xL RBA file (to internal RAM)

The problem I am facing is with FreeMaster v1.3 tool setting up through CAN interface channel 2 (because channel 1 is used for CAN testing and serial-0 is used by RappID) 
1. Cannot setup the connection with the board through CAN interface channel 2. Currently there is IXXAT V4.1.x driver installed (not v3.x.x because of digital signature for my Windows 10 with secured bootloader ) 
I am trying the steps described in the FreeMaster CAN communication plugin readme files within the freemaster folders. 

The error I get is basically I cannot see a hardware channel. I have tested the channels for CAN communication itself and they both work fine (using PCAN-View). 

Also I tried checking FreeMaster after downloading the bootloader and application (simple can block). And ofcourse within my Simulink block, the FreeMaster is enabled to use FlexCAN 1 (not 0).

FreeMaster v2.0 crashes with anything I do. So i ignored that. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raghurajappa‌,

Sorry for answering so late, but we were caught up in the middle of a release for S32K toolbox.

We don't have an answer right now to the CAN problem, but we'll look over it in the next days.

Meanwhile you can try to use the UART0 for FreeMaster, there is no problem if the same interface is used by RappID Bootloader.

0 Kudos