cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Matlab Runtime work on NXP IMX8

Jump to solution
RobertSheedy
Contributor I

We comile our Matlab code into a dll and run our production code using Matlab Runtime. THis is currently running on x86 hardware. We would like to run our production code on NXP iMX8 ARM processor. Is this possible?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brianmckay
Contributor III

Hi Robert,

The recommended / best way to get your MATLAB algorithm to run on IMX8 is to use the MathWorks Code Generation tools (MATLAB Coder and Embedded Coder). This converts your MATLAB algorithm into high-performance C /C++ code.  Then you use MCUXpresso (or IDE of you choice) to deploy on to the IMX8.

I don't think it is possible to run the Runtime on IMX8, and even if you could (maybe via some Linux tricks) I'd expect performance issues - modern MATLAB and the Runtime is not designed to run on embedded platforms, even one as advanced as IMX8. 

Cheers,

-Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
brianmckay
Contributor III

Hi Robert,

The recommended / best way to get your MATLAB algorithm to run on IMX8 is to use the MathWorks Code Generation tools (MATLAB Coder and Embedded Coder). This converts your MATLAB algorithm into high-performance C /C++ code.  Then you use MCUXpresso (or IDE of you choice) to deploy on to the IMX8.

I don't think it is possible to run the Runtime on IMX8, and even if you could (maybe via some Linux tricks) I'd expect performance issues - modern MATLAB and the Runtime is not designed to run on embedded platforms, even one as advanced as IMX8. 

Cheers,

-Brian