cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot loader

supriyaborchate
Contributor I

Hello,

I m using s32k144 EVB .I want to start the boot loader on this. I want to know what are the basic steps required to start the boot loader ?I have s32k148 example_app for boot loader? can i use this for s32k144 or any porting is needed ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi supriyaborchate‌,

Do you wish to create your own bootloader  or just keep using an existing one from NXP?

FYI, the MBDT is delivered with a bootloader for S32K148 that can be found in the ..\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\tools\BootLoader\RBF_Files as a RBF file. 

In order to program this file on the target, all you need is the S32 Design Studio IDE and just flash the RBF file into the S32K148 Flash memory. Then you can use the RAppID Bootloader GUI to load applications via CAN or via UART interfaces.

In case you wish to develop you own bootloader, then you need to address your question here: S32K 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

supriyaborchate
Contributor I

Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes ,i want to creat my own boot loader. But before that i want to use exiting boot loader to understand the things and working about Boot loader.

I m using s32k144 series EVB.

Thanks and regards

Supriya B

0 Kudos

supriyaborchate
Contributor I

Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes ,i want to creat my own boot loader. But before that i want to use exiting boot loader to understand the things and working about Boot loader.

I m using s32k144 series EVB.

Thanks and regards

Supriya B

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok! Then please have a look at chapter 2.7 in RAppidBL_UserManual.pdf that can be found under {MBDT S32K Toolbox installation path}\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\tools\BootLoader

We do provide Simulink RAM and FLASH examples for external bootloader that can be also found under ..\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\code\S32_Examples\s32k14x

• ram_bam/ram_bam_download_s32k148.mdl
  • flash_bam/flash_bam_download_s32k148.mdl

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

supriyaborchate
Contributor I

Thanks Sir,

From where I can get RAppID Bootloader GUI to install?

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can download it from here: RAppID Boot Loader Utility 

Anyhow, i'm not quite sure if that has the support for the S32K148. All i know for sure is that if you download the MBDT Toolbox for S32K https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341052 it has all you need to test bootloader on S32K148 Evaluation Board.

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

supriyaborchate
Contributor I

Thanks for support .

I have installed the suggested Tool.

It showing me the below error when i start the boot loader.

"Loss communication with CCP MCU".Please cycle power and try again."

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you programmed the S32K148 RBF file first with S32DesignStudio ?

You have to follow a similar procedure as shown here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/484121#comment-1055671 

Only then you can establish a communication between the RAppID BL and the board.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

erinctopdemir
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using MPC5746C and I upload rbf file ("MPC5746C_S32DS_UART2_CAN0.rbf") that is provided with MBDT located in "NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\code\tools\BootLoader\RBF_Files" with S32 via JTAG.

Still, I could not able to connect via RappID with serial port. It gives "Loss communication with CCP MCU".Please cycle power and try again.".

I am also using evaluation board of mpc574xg-mb.

Is there any other option to do or settings to charge?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos