Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit Rate Switch functionality

Jump to solution
juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hello community,

I am working with a s32k146 board on the implementation of a CAN FD system. When I send and receive CAN FD messages it works just fine.

The problem is when I try to use the BRS on these CAN FD messages. If I use a model in which I try to send/receive CAN FD messages to/from my CAN Tool with the BRS, it doesn't work. If I use the exact same model without the BRS active it works just fine.

I tried modifying the .tlc and mask of the block and linkinf them to the correspondant functions but it didn't work so I guess something more complicated is happening.

Can I get a hint on what could be happening? Is this a pending functionality?

Thanks MBD team.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @juliana_rojas30 ,

Indeed, the CAN FD with BRS isn't working. It seems that all register fields used for CAN bitrate are incremented by 1 when used by the hardware, except one, FDCBT[FPROPSEG]. So we don't need to subtract 1 from the value set in the FCAN_Config.

I attached a cumulative patch, a self-extracting archive, that contains the fix for this issue and the previous patch from CAN FD in S32k14x EVB .

The steps to apply the patch:

1. Download the attached zip file and unzip it.

2. Run mbd_find_s32k_root() to get the root folder there the S32K toolbox is installed.

3. Close Matlab.

4. Open the MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.2.0_can_fd_patch_2.exe file and extract it's contents to the root folder of the toolbox.

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @juliana_rojas30 ,

Indeed, the CAN FD with BRS isn't working. It seems that all register fields used for CAN bitrate are incremented by 1 when used by the hardware, except one, FDCBT[FPROPSEG]. So we don't need to subtract 1 from the value set in the FCAN_Config.

I attached a cumulative patch, a self-extracting archive, that contains the fix for this issue and the previous patch from CAN FD in S32k14x EVB .

The steps to apply the patch:

1. Download the attached zip file and unzip it.

2. Run mbd_find_s32k_root() to get the root folder there the S32K toolbox is installed.

3. Close Matlab.

4. Open the MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.2.0_can_fd_patch_2.exe file and extract it's contents to the root folder of the toolbox.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos