About the power Supply of MPC5744p using MBDT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the power Supply of MPC5744p using MBDT

heavenyq
Contributor I

Now, I am using a MPC5744-DEVKIT rev E with MBDT. I encounter a strange problem.

I connected the external power supply of mpc5744. At the same time, I plugged the micro USB cable into the computer. Mpc5744 works normally (the phenomenon is that three LEDs are always on). However, when I connect the external power supply of mpc5744 and plug the micro USB cable into a 5V AC / DC adapter, the mpc5744 cannot work normally. The phenomenon is that an LED close to the micro USB terminal flashes and goes out. I also tried to use matlab + MBDT download and S32 DS download with the same program produced by MDBT to test, and the experimental results are the same. I also tried using the sample hello_world_mpc5744p project in s32 ds to do the test, and the result is also the same.  

In the actual project, it is impossible to connect micro USB with the computer. MPC5744 must work independently. What power supply method can make mpc5744 work independently?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @heavenyq,

Could you please check the jumpers J44, J45, and J43 on the board? You could set them in the 2-3 position and the MCU shall be powered from the SBC chip, meaning that you will have to connect the 12V power supply jack. In this way, the mcu will run without the uUSB cable connected. You could still connect the cable in parallel when you want to flash the baord.

mariuslucianand_1-1661492969308.png

mariuslucianand_0-1661492939214.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos