Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use processor expert in mqx 4?

Jump to solution
zalayeta_ye
Contributor II

hi,

I am trying to use PE driver in my MQX 4.0 project. Acording to the Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc\tools\cw\FSL_MQX_in_CW_10_x document, I added some PE components in bsp project, and configure them carefully. Then I build the bsp project. But how can use the PE code in my application project? I checked Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\twrk60n512.cw10\debug\bsp\Generated_Code folder, according to my understanding, there should be PE related header files in this folder, but actrually there is only a PE_LDD.h in this folder...

Is there any steps I missed to enable using PE in MQX4. Thanks for your help in advance.

1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Juan,

I didn’t get the error you had but had to do a couple of modifications to the BSP as shown below. After re-compiling the BSP, then opening the pe_demo, it compiled without issue.

Add to BSP Properties:

"$/Generated_Code/IO_Map.h"

Copy C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\ProcessorExpert\lib\Kinetis\iofiles\MK60F12.h

To C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_0_GA_RC7\mqx\build\cw10gcc\bsp_twrk60f120m\Generated_Code\IO_Map

MK60F12.h is in the BSP BUT it is a link to the CW10.6 path and the file is not physically copied into the BSP\IO_Map folder. Copying it resolved BSP build issue.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shicheng,

Please verify the same compiler is being used for the RTOS build and the MQX application (pe_demo).  I have made that mistake before.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
juanandujar
Contributor I

Hello, I have followed your cooments but when I try to build the project pe_demo_twrk60f120m I get the error:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Does anyone know why I get this error and how it could be resolved?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Juan,

I didn’t get the error you had but had to do a couple of modifications to the BSP as shown below. After re-compiling the BSP, then opening the pe_demo, it compiled without issue.

Add to BSP Properties:

"$/Generated_Code/IO_Map.h"

Copy C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\ProcessorExpert\lib\Kinetis\iofiles\MK60F12.h

To C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_0_GA_RC7\mqx\build\cw10gcc\bsp_twrk60f120m\Generated_Code\IO_Map

MK60F12.h is in the BSP BUT it is a link to the CW10.6 path and the file is not physically copied into the BSP\IO_Map folder. Copying it resolved BSP build issue.

Regards,

David

essayasghebray
Contributor I

Thank you ! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shicheng,

Now that you have added components to the BSP, generated PE code, and compiled, please open and review the MQX4.0.2\demo\pe_demo that has MQX application using default components in the BSP as reference to access your components.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
zalayeta_ye
Contributor II

hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I do have tried the pe_demo. I got error "Demo requires Processor Expert BSP code to be generated" as the demo require "PE_LDD_VERSION" defined. But PE_LDD_VERSION is actually undefined in Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\twrk60n512.cw10\debug\bsp\Generat_Code\PE_LDD.h file on my side.

I remember that in MQX3.8, there is PE bsp project for kinetis target, for example, bsp_twrk40x256_pe. All related PE header files will be copied to lib\twrk40x256.cw10\debug\bsp\Generated_Code folder automatically after I build the _pe bsp project. But there are no _pe bsp project in MQX4.0.

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You're right, that changed in MQX 4.x. Now, all the BSP's have pe enabled. For example, the K70 bsp:

Open the standard BSP. Go to Processor Expert Show Views:

Select the ProcessorExpert.pe (click on it)

And you will see the BSP PE components:

Then, Generate the code and build BSP.

Then, you can run the pe example.

Luis

0 Kudos
zalayeta_ye
Contributor II

hi Luis,

I added some components in bsp project and build the bsp project.

But there are no pe header files in Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\twrk70f120m.cw10\debug\bsp\Generated_Code.Snap1.jpg

Then if I build the pe_demo_twrk70f120m, I got the error message as below:

Snap2.jpg

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you generate the PE code in the BSP Project, you can see the files in the project window:

And then, build the BSP.

Do you see those files?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
zalayeta_ye
Contributor II

hi Luis, Yes, I can see the files in bsp projects. But the pe header files, for example, GPIO1.h should be copied to the Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\xxx.cw10\debug\bsp\Generated_Code folder automatically after building the bsp project. So that the application project can find these header files.

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Looking at the bat file (postbuild step) bsp_twrk60n512.bat

It looks like the copy should be done:

for /R %MQXROOTDIR%\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512\Generated_Code %%f in (*.h) do copy %%f %OUTPUTDIR%\Generated_Code\

The old bat file (3.8) used :

copy /Y ..\..\..\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512\Generated_Code\*.h .\Generated_Code

copy /Y ..\..\..\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512\Sources\*.h .\Generated_Code

But files should be there after postbuild step.

Luis

0 Kudos