Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example TWR-MEM

Jump to solution
Microfelix
Contributor IV

hello,

I wanted to know if there are examples of the TWR-MEM with MQX.

thanks Maurizio

1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The Freescale MQX 3.7\mfs\examples\ramdisk\cw10\mfs_ramdisk_twrk60n512 example can be setup to access MRAM on the TWRMEM card.

I just haven't tried it yet.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recently go the TWR-K60N512 kit working with the TWR-MEM Rev B card.

Please reference another thread:

https://community.freescale.com/message/301229

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
propellerhead99
Contributor II

Have replaced TWR-MEM board with a new one. Still have same memory read/write problem. Addressability is correct. Simple peek/poke works correctly. Tried several read after write techniques and NOP delays to change timing. Far more errors are counted if I init the memory bits to one rather than zero. Writing with integer boundary rather than byte boundary does not change situation. 

I cannot reliably read/write to the TWR-MEM board work with the K60 tower and have submitted a support ticket.

0 Kudos
propellerhead99
Contributor II

Re: memory test with the K60 tower and TWR-MEM board.

When I tested the TWR-MEM MRAM chip using the Freescale test software about 25% of the 512kb bytes were in error.

Freescale support reproduced the problem and verified that it is their problem. No answer as to

what will be their next step.

monXii
Contributor III

same problem here..

.. something new???

0 Kudos
monXii
Contributor III

removing R14 is not enough!

Remove C2 too!

0 Kudos
propellerhead99
Contributor II

I'm newbie to ARM and trying to utilize MRAM. Believe MRAM is interfaced as FlexBus which is addressed at x6000-0000. Looked over example of mfs/example/ramdisk (in Shell_Task) and don't understand how linker moved RAM_DISK_BASE to x6000-0000. It would seem the ram disk was allocated in SRAM. In what units is the ram disk size 0x1800?

Bill

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Microfelix,

In general the TWR-MEM card was validated with the TWR-MCF52259.

If you open TWR-MCF52259 projects look for the MRAM target that is using the MRAM on the TWRMEM card.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Microfelix
Contributor IV

hello
thanks for the reply.
I have a TWR-K60N512.

I can also find here or should I download the card's documentation that you haveindicated?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The Freescale MQX 3.7\mfs\examples\ramdisk\cw10\mfs_ramdisk_twrk60n512 example can be setup to access MRAM on the TWRMEM card.

I just haven't tried it yet.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Microfelix
Contributor IV

thanks Maurizio

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maurizio,

I was making a fast attemp to test the MRAM and found the following the TWR-K60N512.h:

/*
* MRAM cannot be reliably used on TWR_K60N512 due to a hardware conflict unless a hw modification is done:
* disconnecting IrDA receiver e.g. by removing R14 makes MRAM usage possible.
*/
//#define BSP_EXTERNAL_MRAM_RAM_SIZE          ((uint_32)__EXTERNAL_MRAM_RAM_SIZE)

I was able to add the TWR-MEM card to my K60 setup and access the MRAM OK.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Nana
Contributor II

Maybe in next revision of the  TWR-K60N512 of the board the hardware engineers will put a jumper on that IR led to connect if I want to use that future or if I want to use an external ram memory.

This is only a suggestion i hope will be sent to the devs. 

Thank you,

Electronic and Software Engineer

Alexandru Nan

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

That modification is already done in TWR-K60 RevD. Is the actual production Tower.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
propellerhead99
Contributor II

Using TWR-MEM with K60 tower. Can read/write various MRAM locations with no issue but using a memory

test program in MRAM address space found many bit errors. Have made the IRDA R14 removal. TWR-MEM

jumpered J10 on, J11 off, J16 off.

Is my problem jumper configuration, bad board, or ? Does someone have this board/K60 working with no issues?

0 Kudos
Microfelix
Contributor IV

thanks david. Begin to test ...

maurizio

0 Kudos