cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing RTCS to separate modem

dnfuss1
Contributor I

Hi

I have a product where internet connectivity is already being provided by a modem, whose network stack allows direct access to ip-level traffic. 

We have recently added ethernet LAN connectivity to this product using RTCS (v4.2.0.2) and a PHY and are looking for an efficient way to route LAN traffic to/from the modem.

I'd be grateful for suggestions as to how this might be best achieved- e.g. can we send/receive data directly at the IP/Network layer within RTCS (akin to a router), or can this only be achieved higher-up the stack via sockets, etc..

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

There is a RTCS example  demonstrates the gateway feature of the RTCS TCP/IP stack.

Freescale_MQX_4_2\rtcs\examples\shell

To add a gateway to the routing table, use the "gate <gateway> [<netaddr> <netmask>]" command.

For example:

shell> gate 192.168.0.5
Adding gateway 192.168.0.5, ip address: 0.0.0.0, netmask: 0.0.0.0

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

dnfuss1
Contributor I

Hi Daniel

Thank you for this. My understanding is that there needs to be an interface to associate with the default gateway that you propose adding. If I understand your suggestion correctly, as my RTCS stack has only one physical interface, I must therefore create a 'virtual' interface to associate with the default gateway, within which the exchange of datagrams between the two stacks takes place.
Have I understood correctly?

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you have two interfaces:

--GPRS (PPP)

--Ethernet

0 Kudos